Sammy Atomiswave

Discuss existing features and requests for new features using [REQUEST] in the title
Forum rules
Discussions only around the RetroX application. Links to ROMs or request for them are forbidden. Insisting users will be banned
Lamaman1971`

Sammy Atomiswave

Postby Lamaman1971` » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:07 pm

Hi - as Retroarch now has a Riecast core, are there any plans to support the Atomiswave?
Lamaman1971`

Re: Sammy Atomiswave

Postby Lamaman1971` » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:10 pm

Hi - seem to be talking to myself here BUT I have tested the new retroarch core on my GPD XD with the atomiswave ROM Dolphin Blue and it works really, really well. So - ahm - should be an absolute no brainer to pop it into RetroX.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:53 pm

Problem is that it may require an update on the RetroArch version being used currently, which has a lot of changes against the original version, and given that Dreamcast is already supported by Reicast, it would be easier to update Reicast.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Lamaman1971`

Postby Lamaman1971` » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:21 pm

Understood. However, I manually added the core to the Retroarch version on my GPD that supports RetroX - so I dont think it will be a problem from a RetroArch standpoint. The Reicast app for android doesnt support Atomiswave (happy to be corrected - I tried and failed) so really RetroX & Retroarch are the only good avenue for this emulation leveraging the new core.

Its a nice to have - I can run it on my GPD through the same instance of Retroarch - so its convenience from my standpoint. Metal Slug 6 and Dolphin Blue are great titles though, shame to miss out!
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:08 pm

RetroX uses RetroArch 1.2.2, that's the version that should be tested against that core
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Features”