REQUEST Bliss-Box Support

Discuss existing features and requests for new features using [REQUEST] in the title
Forum rules
Discussions only around the RetroX application. Links to ROMs or request for them are forbidden. Insisting users will be banned
Ya Dad

REQUEST Bliss-Box Support

Postby Ya Dad » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:35 pm

There was a post last year about this, but the user never followed up.
viewtopic.php?t=1049&fbclid=IwAR0ZJ9epPOLt4MEX2FL22gAi5HTXcNDpSen8rsjLvRyvToaZ2ZtaRU1Oz44

I too would like Bliss-Box support. Currently BB maps everything to a global standard but Bliss-Box also supports an API where, with a usb control transfer, you can get info like what controller is attached. Each of the four ports is recognized as one controller, but you can plug in any controller that you have an adapter for into a port. Port 1 is controller 1, whether you have a SNES, N64, Megadrive, or Atari2600 controller plugged into it. As it stands now, every time I want to play a different console emulator, I have to remap the controls if I want to play with the respective controller.

Retro Arch does this now and maps in accordance to that attached controller on the fly. I don't know if this is possible with RetroX, but for my use case that would make it the perfect emulator frontend for Android.
ulao

Re: REQUEST Bliss-Box Support

Postby ulao » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:23 pm

Hey admin, second request here on the forum for this, I still get a few people interested. As with the last request ,happy and wiling to assist, pretty easy to add support. Just give me a jingle.

From what I know if you are mapping internally per a mapping file of some kind per controller ,it's best to use the Bliss-Box API. If the internal mapping is per emulator, then the effort falls on the user. If there is one mapping for all controllers, just map to the psx controller and all will fall in place.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:46 pm

Does that API work in Android?
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
ulao

Postby ulao » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:14 pm

There is no OS limitation is just depends on if you have access to libusb. I know it works on the java ide for android.

Libusb can work on a non-rooted android (provided the device supports USB host ... this is VERY important as not all devices do). You need to use the standard android USB stack. You can then get a device descriptor from the USBDevice and pass that over to libusb.

Return to “Features”