Running RetroX without active connection

Discuss existing features and requests for new features using [REQUEST] in the title
Forum rules
Discussions only around the RetroX application. Links to ROMs or request for them are forbidden. Insisting users will be banned
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Running RetroX without active connection

Postby fcatrin » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:50 pm

The time period is something that will need to be adjusted depending on the use cases. Don't take any time period mentioned here as final, it's something that will require testing and feedback.

Also, there is a balance to be found between risk and user comfort. Honestly, most of the paid users are using TV devices, always connected, so for me offline mode is not a priority and any kind of piracy will simply kill the app, because I would not have the resources to work on it. So I must be careful with what ends implemented.

And for the same reasons, any new feature has been posponed to be added after offline mode, because if something goes bad, they will get only an old version of the app.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Fredoias

Postby Fredoias » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:35 am

Thanks for the quick response.

Honestly I bought RetroX only for my portable devices.

I have a Raspberry pi 3 and Retropie for all of my home use.

I use RetroX for my GPD XD, Asus Zenpad and my Galaxy S8 plus.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:41 am

I see. You are a corner case :-)

But don't worry. Offline will come and then let's see how it goes.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
deaddisk

Postby deaddisk » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:50 am

I think offline Mode is for the most users subordinated, its important, to include first theming and other supported systems to concurrent with other apps that are similar to RetroX. The theming at this moment is confusing and not nice to scroll through many Roms :)
Fredoias

Postby Fredoias » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:26 pm

deaddisk wrote:I think offline Mode is for the most users subordinated, its important, to include first theming and other supported systems to concurrent with other apps that are similar to RetroX. The theming at this moment is confusing and not nice to scroll through many Roms :)

The key to using the current theme is to only have the roms that you will use. It is easy to get overwhelmed by going through 5000+ games. I only keep about 150 games total on my systems to keep from having the same problem.
OneOfaKindDPC

Postby OneOfaKindDPC » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:11 pm

deaddisk wrote:I think offline Mode is for the most users subordinated, its important, to include first theming and other supported systems to concurrent with other apps that are similar to RetroX. The theming at this moment is confusing and not nice to scroll through many Roms :)

I couldn't disagree more, quite the opposite in fact. I could care less about theming, I've been waiting months for Offline Mode.
Fredoias

Postby Fredoias » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:36 pm

OneOfaKindDPC wrote:

I couldn't disagree more, quite the opposite in fact. I could care less about theming, I've been waiting months for Offline Mode.

I agree. Being able to use something that you paid for all the time is very important.
avalanche

Postby avalanche » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:40 am

I'm the opposite. I have to do a 2 hour commute each way some days and it basically means I have no wifi connection which means I can't use RetroX at all and if I want to use my GPDXD I have to use a different front end for my games. However that means I can't really save any games to play later on RetroX.

Theming is cool and all but currently I can get by with the current theme. Not being able to use RetroX while commuting kinda kills its usefulness as a handheld app.
Fredoias

Postby Fredoias » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:14 am

Any closer to offline mode? It will be 2 weeks tomorrow.
Fredoias

Postby Fredoias » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:17 pm

Sure is quiet in here.

Return to “Features”