REQUEST video preview for games

Discuss existing features and requests for new features using [REQUEST] in the title
Forum rules
Discussions only around the RetroX application. Links to ROMs or request for them are forbidden. Insisting users will be banned
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: REQUEST video preview for games

Postby fcatrin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:10 pm

May be I would only need to check if there is a video in certain path, if there is one, use it. So for those users who want videos, they will find a way to provide them
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Retroash

Postby Retroash » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:12 am

Sounds good to me. Any limitations on file type / dimentions or size ?
martyman

Postby martyman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:42 am

fcatrin wrote:There are currently three shots for many games, so I would only need to cycle then. May be for the "retropie" style theme it would be a good option

Sounds good man! :D
drhoemmal

Postby drhoemmal » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:23 pm

To browse through the millions of roms a videopreview to each game would be great.
I always play a game for..I dont know - 2 Minutes, and at the end of the day I land at bubble bobble.
But til now I start Hyperspin on Android, surf through the games, watch the short videoclips, and when I found a game to play (for max. 2 minutes) I start RetroX and play it there, cause I love this look, that every emulator looks similar, you dont have to configurate anything except the gamepad..and the saveoption is childish easy.

So please give us the option to integrate videos..and like the rom files.. every user has to find his own way to download videoclips for RetroX.

and while begging, let me beg for: G7000, Fairchild, Colecovision, Armstrad, Sinclair, GX4000, Arcadia... and all the real old stuff and Atari ST.

and I will cut my hair like Arturo Vidal
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:38 pm

drhoemmal wrote:and while begging, let me beg for: G7000, Fairchild, Colecovision, Armstrad, Sinclair, GX4000, Arcadia... and all the real old stuff and Atari ST.

and I will cut my hair like Arturo Vidal

I'll come back to this post in the future ;-)
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
DaButcher

Postby DaButcher » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:46 pm

How does Retropie do it? I know the Iso's I get have video snaps in a folder. Could user not add it local in a folder?
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:27 am

Yeah, that should be the method. If a video snap is found in a specific folder, then it's used.
Now that themes is released, it make sense to add this feature
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Features”