[REQUEST] Different Start Point - at emulator selection

Discuss existing features and requests for new features using [REQUEST] in the title
Forum rules
Discussions only around the RetroX application. Links to ROMs or request for them are forbidden. Insisting users will be banned
Brent

[REQUEST] Different Start Point - at emulator selection

Postby Brent » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:30 am

I have played around with a great many frontends and still love the like of HyperSpin for it's eye candy and am eagerly awaiting your theme able version.

Fact still remains though as much as I love cataloging and collecting images/vids etc. RetroX is always the goto frontend for when I want to actually play the games. Face it Franco it's unbeatable for its simplicity and fact you can pick up and play :)

My request is.....

Even as it stands, your console/emu selection list is pretty but it's always hidden away on a keypress. I would like to see the system starting at that level - the ability to have images (vids maybe) logos, console info, as the opening choice screen before jumping into the games selection.

I do seem to remember one of your previous vids demoing this style so hopefully my request is a mute point :)

Thanks

Brent
Brent
(Mr. Eye Candy)
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: [REQUEST] Different Start Point - at emulator selection

Postby fcatrin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:42 pm

Your request is on track.

The user interface will be dictated by the theme designers. My plan is to have different "screens", so the designed can choose what type of screen is he targeting to: system selection, game details, categories, search, etc

So in your case, you can use any theme that starts with system selection. Other users may prefer to use a theme that starts with the search, etc.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Features”