N DS emulator

Discuss existing features and requests for new features using [REQUEST] in the title
Forum rules
Discussions only around the RetroX application. Links to ROMs or request for them are forbidden. Insisting users will be banned
KingPepper50

Re: N DS emulator

Postby KingPepper50 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:38 am

Hi Guys,

I was having a brain storm over how to get this working on this Frontend, and have come up with an idea for Franco to think about.
First off, there are only 4 buttons on the face of the NDS, we have them covered if we used a PS3 or Xbox 360 controller.
Next the Start & Select buttons, we have them covered also.
The left & right triggers can use the left & right bumpers on our Pads.
Here comes the clever part because we have extra left & right triggers on our controllers, how about when left or right trigger is pressed in, the touch screen overlays over the game screen and controlling the cursor on this touch screen right Analogue stick, pressing X or A on our Controller to touch the screen at that point.
Release the left or right trigger to bring back the main game screen
Now i realise at this point, there are games that require both screens showing at same time. like the first person shooters.
But games that just show a birds eye view of the track as in Mario Kart DS, or a Inventry / Map screen like on Zelda games.
are very promising using this method.
As for First Person Shooters, we would have no option but to have the touch screen bottom Right hand corner, at least then they would be playable, to some extent maybe on a 7" Tablet or Big screen TV as in the case of the Nvidia Shield or TV Box.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:12 am

This sounds like a really good idea. I can't promise anything but surely this will be taken in account if the emulator is to be added to RetroX

Thanks!
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Brent

Postby Brent » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:48 am

I always thought NDS emulation would work well with the 2 screens being shown horizontally.

As said the buttons (at least on a shield controller) are sufficient and if it were possible to "lock" a pointer on the touch screen side of the DS that functioned off of the right analogue joystick and the remainder of the controls functioned as per normal
Brent
(Mr. Eye Candy)
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:31 pm

Using the right analog as a pointer device. Unless you need fast touches
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Aw89

Postby Aw89 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:15 pm