Some questions / requests

Discuss existing features and requests for new features using [REQUEST] in the title
Forum rules
Discussions only around the RetroX application. Links to ROMs or request for them are forbidden. Insisting users will be banned
Lodovik

Some questions / requests

Postby Lodovik » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi!

I love this emulator and I bought it right away after seeing it featured on the ETA Prime YT channel. I have a Shield TV Pro 2017 with the 500GB internal storage which looks like it was designed to store ROMs ;) . I use the included controller. I enjoy it very much but I have some issues / questions about it:

1 - When I start a ROM, there is a screen that says START+L2 and START+R2 could be used to load and save states but they won't work to do so. START+SELECT combo works and I have access to the RetroX Options menu where I can save and load states using this menu but the START+L2 and START+R2 shortcuts don't do anything inside a game. I've tried to reassign Start and Select to other buttons but the problem remains. Ultimately, what I would like to do is to assign save / load states functions to L3 and R3 which are seldom used and rarely pressed by mistake. I couldn't find a way to reassing these functions. Would it be possible in a future update to have a screen to assign global emulator function? That would be awesome!

2 - I've read all the topics on this forum about the use of zipped ROMs and what I understand is that non-zipped ROMs are executed in place and zipped ones are unzipped to the main storage to be played and stay there until you "uninstall" the game. Most of my ROMs are zipped and stored Inside the Shield's 500GB internal storage. I've played a lot of them and when I decided to look for "installed" games, I couldn't find any to remove. Did you change the behavior of RetroX with zipped ROMs? Or is it because the Shield TV Pro is a special case with Android installed on an internal HDD? Anyways, I would like RetroX to automatically remove unzipped ROMs but keep the saves if possible. Is there a technical reason preventing this?

3 - When selecting a new system, we go into the ROM selection screen and the letter "A" is hilighted. Would it be possible to have a one button shortcut to the start of the list of games? Because right now, we have to go through all the on-screen entry pad before accessing the ROMs list. Maybe using L1 and R1 to switch between the on-screen entry, the system selection and the ROMs list. Or maybe pressing UP or LEFT to go directly to the ROMs list.

Thank you for your time and this great program!

Return to “Features”