Possible to transfer old save files to Retrox?

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
userseven

Possible to transfer old save files to Retrox?

Postby userseven » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:48 am

Hello,

Is there anyway to transfer old save files from previous emulators to Retrox? (In particular PS1, - I've tried replacing the .srm file in the save folder but it doesn't seem to work). I've searched the forum but can't find this topic, if it has been please point me in the right direction.

I'm really looking forward to making Retrox my main emulator and will probably buy the full version but what's putting me off is I don't want to have re-complete all my games again.

Thanks in Advance!
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Possible to transfer old save files to Retrox?

Postby fcatrin » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:16 am

Hi!

RetroX creates a "retrox.data" folder where you can find the saves as: savefiles for memory cards and alike, and savestates for states.

I recommend you to make a save in the emulator and then see where the file was saved and what is the actual file name that the emulator is expecting. Then just overwrite the save with yours.

Cheers
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
robj80

Postby robj80 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:05 am

Bumping this one back up. I am trying to import a Dreamcast vmu bin file to the retrox data folder. When I do this then open the game there is no saved file on the vmu? Is this not possible? I got the vmu file from the net.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:20 pm

It may be a naming issue.

Try this: Open the game and create a save so the emulator creates a VMU file. Close the emulator and look for your VMU file below retrox.data/savefiles. Once found, replace it with your own VMU file, using the same file name of course. Open the emulator and it should load your VMU file contents this time.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Troubleshooting”