Install greyed out.

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
Dobby

Install greyed out.

Postby Dobby » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:43 pm

So I launched RetroX yesterday and it asked me if I wanted to update, and I said yes. Once it downloaded it asked if I wanted to install it but install was greyed out. I ended up deleting Retrox and reinstalled. Now when I try to launch a game for n64 it asks if I want to install the emulator, I choose yes and Install is still greyed out. Unknown sources is enabled and I'm using Nvidia Shield. What's going on?
KingPepper50

Re: Install greyed out.

Postby KingPepper50 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:36 pm

Hi Dobby,

I believe you have to do something called Sideloading on the Nvidia Shield, using a special installation App.

Correct me if i am wrong people, i don't have one myself YET, but Nvidia doesn't allow certain Apps to install, so have to go around the long way to get them to work.
Check on Youtube, "How to sideload Apps on Nvidia Shield" - there are a loads of videos there, showing you how to do it.

Try that, if that doesn't work then its probably a simple solution, but i don't know much about the Nvidia Shields.

Hope that helps. 8-)
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:32 pm

I have the Shield and the problem is not present there.

I've heard of these kind of problems and it happens when there is an application for assistance installed, like screen readers and such. If that is the case, disable it or uninstall it.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Stevie-v

Postby Stevie-v » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:30 am

Thats a bug in firmware 6.3 i had the same problem!
Push Home button 2x within the RetroX install window after that select the RetroX install window again and push home button again and install is NOT greyed out anymore.
KingPepper50

Postby KingPepper50 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:40 pm

Stevie-v wrote:Thats a bug in firmware 6.3 i had the same problem!
Push Home button 2x within the RetroX install window after that select the RetroX install window again and push home button again and install is NOT greyed out anymore.

Are you sure 6.3 is a official release, and not a Beta or something, as according to the Nvidia site, its not listed?
https://shield.nvidia.co.uk/support/nvidia-android-tv/release-notes/1 :?:
Stevie-v

Postby Stevie-v » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:53 pm

6.3 is NOT official it is a sort of Beta.
I am sure that is the reason Install button is greyed out.
Skyliner

Postby Skyliner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:26 pm

Stevie-v wrote:Push Home button 2x within the RetroX install window after that select the RetroX install window again and push home button again and install is NOT greyed out anymore.

had this issue on my LG V20, can confirm pressing home and going back intro RetroX made install turn on.

Return to “Troubleshooting”