Cover/Picture Loading hangs up...

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
avalanche

Re: Cover/Picture Loading hangs up...

Postby avalanche » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:39 am

Thanks Franco.

I couldn't shoot any video as the process to do everything took 10-15 mins and my phone didn't have enough storage to film it all when I tried.

When I got up to 5) Open RetroX. Is still being slow displaying the covers?

It took about 3-4 mins to load the covers on the homescreen. Was very slow.
I tried exiting and checking a couple more times and every time it was at least two minutes.

I've got no clue what the issue is. I loaded up RetroX on my handheld Android device and it loaded all the art straight away. But on my Nvidia Shield there's this massive slowdown of loading up.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:17 pm

Are those collections of the same size?
Did you try a smaller collection?
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
avalanche

Postby avalanche » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:18 pm

fcatrin wrote:Are those collections of the same size?
Did you try a smaller collection?

It was the same collection as I had earlier. No I haven't tried a smaller size.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:18 pm

Can you try a smaller size collection? Just to see if having a lot of files in one folder is a problem in your storage.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
avalanche

Postby avalanche » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:29 am

Hi Franco.

I went and removed all my games and then just added my NES games. I restarted and everything loaded up within a couple of seconds on the Home screen. So everything is loading faster with games from just the one console loaded.
avalanche

Postby avalanche » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:15 am

Hi Franco.

Would it possible to have a feature where users can just scrap the artwork for their entire collection in one go and have all the artwork files saved on their storage rather than having to go into a game system and wait for it to appear and download?

A few of the various frontends I've used will give you the option of scrapping all your art in one go. While it might take a while it might be easier in the long run.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:22 pm

I can't do that because of bandwidth costs reasons, and even doing that it will not fix your current problem.

Your problem is not that the files are slow to download, because they are already stored in your device, the problem is that for some reason your storage is becoming slow when there are many files in one folder, or at least that it seems to be happening according to our tests. What I may try is to dive the folders inside, let's say by letter, so the folders don't get too crowded with files.

In a normal situation, you shouldn't notice if the file was downloaded from the network or loaded from the storage, so there is no need to add an option to download all the artwork.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
avalanche

Postby avalanche » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:00 am

fcatrin wrote:I can't do that because of bandwidth costs reasons, and even doing that it will not fix your current problem.

Your problem is not that the files are slow to download, because they are already stored in your device, the problem is that for some reason your storage is becoming slow when there are many files in one folder, or at least that it seems to be happening according to our tests. What I may try is to dive the folders inside, let's say by letter, so the folders don't get too crowded with files.

In a normal situation, you shouldn't notice if the file was downloaded from the network or loaded from the storage, so there is no need to add an option to download all the artwork.

Ok, sounds good.

Return to “Troubleshooting”