most popular and new games to try list

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
robj80

most popular and new games to try list

Postby robj80 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:28 pm

Not sure if this is a problem or what. I have the preset lists called "most popular" and "new games to try". While the new games list seems to work and generate titles randomly for me to try sometimes I can not scroll through it. The right directional on the controller will not move over. This happens randomly and shutting down the app and reopening seems to fix it. Also how is the list generated?

The Most popular list only has one game in it. It is BOB for Sega Genesis. Now I'm not so sure how even popular BOB was but why is this the only game that shows up there.

Lastly is there any way to remove these lists all together? I like the favorites list alot because I keep the games I'm currently playing in that list. But these other lists I can do without. Quite honestly I'm just sick of looking at BOB everytime I open the app LOL.
Ratbag

Re: most popular and new games to try list

Postby Ratbag » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:40 pm

Actually I have the same problem, when a menu pops up focus stays on what's behind it so I have to exit the app and restart. Doesn't happen all the time, just often enough to be annoying!
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:27 pm

You should try BOB!

Now, seriously. The "recommended games" is a list that I put there manually from my own favorites, there are currently 30 games in that list but it seems that you have only BOB. I used to rotate that list each month but I haven'd done it in a lot of time.

The other lists are made up from the list of games that most people play, but that didn't work as I expected because... people will play them more just because they are in those lists, so it's very hard for that list to bring up new titles.

I think that yes, it would be a good idea to have an option to hide or move down those lists.

The scrolling problem. Not sure what is it :-( If you can record a video when it happens it will help a lot.

Cheers.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
robj80

Postby robj80 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:06 am

If you let me hide those lists that would be great. I will try and record the scrolling issue. But it will just be me pushing the right direction and on the controller and the list not scrolling to the right. I know the controller works because it will scroll right in other apps and even in retrox like if I am typing letters while searching for a game.

Return to “Troubleshooting”