Remove/Manage Online Game Saves?

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
ColossalPheonix

Remove/Manage Online Game Saves?

Postby ColossalPheonix » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:49 am

Is their any way to remove or manage backed up game saves? Loads of times I start the app and it takes about half an hour syncing my PSP and N64 game saves that I no longer play.
robj80

Re: Remove/Manage Online Game Saves?

Postby robj80 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:35 pm

Franco wrote this in another thread

fcatrin wrote:You can manage your saves in http://login.retrox.tv

I had suggested this feature be added directly into the app.
ColossalPheonix

Postby ColossalPheonix » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:27 pm

Brilliant, thanks for the quick response.

To be honest I would rather use Google Drive/Mega or something but at least I know how to delete them now.

Another thing I don't understand, it gives you the option to download the save states, can you upload them again anywhere? Or is this just so you can use it in another emulator?
robj80

Postby robj80 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:46 pm

That I have no idea. It is either so you can use it with another emulator or you can move your save states for retrox use on another device. Since you can have retrox installed on up to 6 devices that would also make sense. Franco would have to chime in which I am sure he will eventually. He seems to wait some time. Then he comes on and answers every ones questions.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:18 pm

ColossalPheonix wrote:... To be honest I would rather use Google Drive/Mega or something but at least I know how to delete them now.

They change their terms of use at any time and that would make your saves inaccessible at any time as well. It has happened in the past with Google Drive and Dropbox, they were inaccesible for some time because of that. Also, they request that you enter your login credentials at any time, it would be simply a bad experience to be playing your games, making a save and hoping the service to not throw a login request. With RetroX you never have to worry about where, how and when they are saved, just use your RetroX account and all that is donde for you.

ColossalPheonix wrote:Another thing I don't understand, it gives you the option to download the save states, can you upload them again anywhere? Or is this just so you can use it in another emulator?

You can use your downloaded saves with any compatible emulator. Check http://retrox.tv/emulators
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
ColossalPheonix

Postby ColossalPheonix » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 am

they request that you enter your login credentials at any time, it would be simply a bad experience to be playing your games, making a save and hoping the service to not throw a login request.

Fair enough, makes sense.

Thanks for the response, it seems a lot better now I've deleted unused saves. PSP is the worst due to the size. It would be good if there was an option to switch off save sync over mobile data. Also, I only use one device so the sync feature is useless for me. Save game backups are good but nearly every time I open the app it downloads nearly all of my game saves again which takes ages, is there any way it could just mirror all my game saves in the cloud and I could just manually download my saves when required or force a manual sync.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:51 pm

It shouldn't have to download the games again, because they are already in your device.
Are you sure that you are using one device only? Because once the save has been uploaded in that device, there is no need to download anything else.

I can check using your account if needed
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Troubleshooting”