Psp games not loading on shield tv

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
zulu

Psp games not loading on shield tv

Postby zulu » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:45 am

System: nvidia shield tv
Build: public

Tried all games for the psp it goes black and kick back to retrox.

Everything was working before, just noticed it today.
Ilyador

Re: Psp games not loading on shield tv

Postby Ilyador » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:20 am

Hi,

Maybe a recent update on NVidia Shield has impacted it.

You could try maybe to uninstall the app "RetroX PSP Add-on", and then download and install it again from RetroX interface (lauching a PSP game) or directly the apk file from : http://emus.retrox.tv/
Devices : Wetek Play 2 (AndroidTV 6 custom rom v2.4) / Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (AndroidTV 8) / Smartphone Android 6 / GPD XD+ Cleanrom v2 (Android 7)
zulu

Postby zulu » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:16 am

I actually reseted the app to default and downloaded the emulator and addon again. Still the same. I see the file date for the link above. There has been no updates for any of the addon for a while.

I can only assume that nvidia updated something that could have broke the two emulators. Hopefully @fcatrin can update the addon to fix the issue.

Tested with retroarch and PPSSPP gold, both are working.
robj80

Postby robj80 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:40 pm

I will have to try this out today. I played some psx last night and other systems without issue. I don't think I tried any psp games though. I been getting errors on the bottom of the screen with DC games lately. I am wondering if things do need some updating with retrox. I know there are newer emulators for several systems.
Ilyador

Postby Ilyador » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:13 pm

Do you have maybe the last NVidia Shield update with Oreo 8.0 ?

It seems that even with the current PPSSPP app v1.6.0, there are same issue sometimes :
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/11243
Hrydgard is working on a fix for the coming v1.7.0.

And... it seems that RetroX PPSSPP version is the v1.1.1 currently (so, really need future upgrade for users experience).
Devices : Wetek Play 2 (AndroidTV 6 custom rom v2.4) / Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (AndroidTV 8) / Smartphone Android 6 / GPD XD+ Cleanrom v2 (Android 7)
compsmith

Postby compsmith » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:14 pm

zulu wrote:System: nvidia shield tv
Build: public

Tried all games for the psp it goes black and kick back to retrox.

Everything was working before, just noticed it today.

Experiencing the same issue. I was able to play a psp game on my Nexus Player running ATV 8.0.0

Ilyador wrote:Hi,

Maybe a recent update on NVidia Shield has impacted it.

You could try maybe to uninstall the app "RetroX PSP Add-on", and then download and install it again from RetroX interface (lauching a PSP game) or directly the apk file from : http://emus.retrox.tv/

Did this as well. I cant recall if I have tested a PSP game since the Shield Experience update 7.0

zulu wrote:I actually reseted the app to default and downloaded the emulator and addon again. Still the same. I see the file date for the link above. There has been no updates for any of the addon for a while.

I can only assume that nvidia updated something that could have broke the two emulators. Hopefully @fcatrin can update the addon to fix the issue.

Tested with retroarch and PPSSPP gold, both are working.

I don't believe Nvidia has updated the shield since the 7.0 update on 5/23
zulu

Postby zulu » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Oh well, just have to wait for the update. I don't think we can do anything at the moment. If dev needs logs let me know, I can grab them and upload as needed.

8-) 8-)
robj80

Postby robj80 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:38 am

Just tried Dracula x for psp. Working fine on my end. I am on the regular retrox and Nvidia shield (2017 16gb) fully updated. I have had retrox kick me out of a game a few times with psx. In the past. Rebooting my shield always fixed it.
Deeceebee123

Postby Deeceebee123 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:23 pm

PSP games working fine on mine too. Got black screen and booted out a couple of times on the first run of a couple of games but after going back into Retrox they are working now. Mine is the 2017 Shield and is all updated.
zulu

Postby zulu » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:34 am

Not sure if there were any updates, I just tried again and all my psp games are working again :D

Return to “Troubleshooting”