NES Segfault

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
JoseJX

NES Segfault

Postby JoseJX » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:14 am

I recently bought RetroX and while every other core that I've tried works pretty well on my Nvidia Shield TV, I'm having some trouble with the NES emulation.

After adding my NES ROMS (USA, [!]) and starting the emulator, the controls screen pops up. Pressing any button returns me to the screen that I started the NES game from. This happens with every game.

I checked the logcat output using ADB and found that the emulator is segfaulting at startup.

Is there any way to get more debugging information from the emulation core? Is there any other steps I should take to debug the problem?

Thanks!
robj80

Re: NES Segfault

Postby robj80 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:41 pm

every once in awhile this happens to me. Alot of times on psx games. Just rebooting my shield fixes the issue every time. I am not positive but this seems to happen after I don't exit out of retrox after I'm done playing. So say I'm playing a game then instead of exiting I just hit the home button then watch some netflix then go back to retrox.

I would trying a reboot.
JoseJX

Postby JoseJX » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:15 pm

Thanks for responding, but unfortunately rebooting had no effect on the segfaults.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:57 pm

I've found that sometimes the version of RetroArch used in RetroX is unable to work again after "something". Killing it or rebooting the device should work, but if not, it would be great to see that logcat file.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Troubleshooting”