Gameslist

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Gameslist

Postby fcatrin » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:29 pm

The "remove from the list" option is only to disable the game from the current list, if you rescan the drive, all games in that folder / drive will be added. If not, there would be no way to get a game back.

If you need to permanently remove a game from your games, delete the file in your drive, so it will never appear again when the app rescans the drive.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
XBEOX

Postby XBEOX » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:25 pm

That is what I was afraid of. A year of work down the tubes. I wish there was a way to delete the file from Retrox. Sometimes I am not sure if the files works until I test it. To have to write all of this down and then delete each file on my PC will be tedious.

Any idea why Retrox did a rescan at start up?

And since I have to start over, any other suggestions?
Ratbag

Postby Ratbag » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:14 am

Actually that's not a bad feature idea. The ability to actually delete games from within retrox.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Actually it is, but it would only work were the app is allowed to write there. I know the users and they will be asking why the app can't write there when they see that message.

I'll ponder it.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Ratbag

Postby Ratbag » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:20 pm

One of the problems I have, and it's only in mame, is that sometimes a couple of ROMs are needed for a single game and they both show up in retrox, so for example I'll have puckman and pacman. I don't want puckman to show, so I have to choose remove from list....
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:01 am

If RetroX scan or rescan your drive, it will add all the games that are found in that drive. That's the expected result.

If you want to remove some games, you need to remove them from your drive, so they aren't added anymore.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Ratbag

Postby Ratbag » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:48 am

Only problem is that some mame games require two ROMs to work so there are effectively duplicates in retrox. It's not really the fault of retrox though, just the way it is.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:57 pm

That will be handled in the future. I will group those games into only one entry, then when you launch the game you will be asked (the first time) about what version you want to play, the app will keep that unless you change it in a similar how of how you select the MAME version today.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Troubleshooting”