not searching retrobox folder

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
natemac00

not searching retrobox folder

Postby natemac00 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:17 am

I had to do a fresh install of RetroX on a new drive.
I had the software create the "retrobox" folder automatically so I could add my roms into the given folders easier.
When I added my roms I could never get it to add the roms, I noticed if I moved the rom folders to a folder called "retrox" and did a Force Rescan, it would finally find the roms.
But only after putting them in a different named folder and only when doing a Force Rescan.

something seems to be up with this, I don't remember it being so finicky before, everytime I loaded the app it loaded any additional roms i thought.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: not searching retrobox folder

Postby fcatrin » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:33 pm

The initial versions of RetroX loaded the roms at each start, but many people complained that their roms disappeared... when they took off their drives. When I mean "many", I would say "a lot". So it was healthier for me to change the app to scan by user request and not automatically.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
natemac00

Re: not searching retrobox folder

Postby natemac00 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:54 am

That works for me, what about the app creating a “retrobox” folder but not searching it. But it does automatically search a “RetroX” folder that is manually created.

Return to “Troubleshooting”