NAS/WDMYCLOUD

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
dunnster

NAS/WDMYCLOUD

Postby dunnster » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:43 pm

Hi
I have all my roms stored on my WD cloud NAS (I can access them in the house via my shield as it recognises the WD ), for the life of me I can not work out how to get RetroX to access my NAS on my Android mobile phone as I want to access the larger files from here and not have these stored on my phone., I go in to storage selection and select it when however it just continually comes back with the below attached image.

Have looked about however no joy, I know in the FAQ there is a guide to set up on a Rasp Pi but nothing for Android phone, any help would be most appreciated folk

Thanks In advance
Attachments
Error1.jpg
Error1.jpg (469.7 KiB) Viewed 3017 times
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: NAS/WDMYCLOUD

Postby fcatrin » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:44 pm

That error happens when the NAS is not found in your network.
Make sure that your phone is connected to your local network, and that you are not using any type of VPN software.

Or better... I'm working on adding private cloud support for RetroX, that will allow you to use your files anyware. NAS uses an horrible protocol and it depends a lot of your network setup, it almost work with Windows only.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
varju

Re: NAS/WDMYCLOUD

Postby varju » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:06 pm

I'm gonna be so happy with that in my opinion we would like to reach eveything from one place even if we are not at home, I'm not en expert but is there any chance if you add this personal cloud stuff to not download the file to the device but reading the data from the cloud Data usage doesn't matter, and there be an option to download if we need it for example Before i fly to somewhere i just download a few games before i'm turnin' on the airplane mode!Many thanks keep up the good job!

Return to “Troubleshooting”