Gamepad stops working mid game

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
robj80

Gamepad stops working mid game

Postby robj80 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:17 am

If I am playing a game with a long cut scene or just don't touch the controller for a bit, like if paused the gamepad stops working. I am able to access the menu screen. Ironically the B button will access the menu screen when this happens. I am forced to quit the game and restart. This isn't a huge issue with games with save states but on systems like Dreamcast it is a big problem. I think my controller is going to sleep and when I wake it up retrox isn't fully recognizing it. The two games I had the issue are Lunar Silver Story Complete on PSX and Grandia 2 on Dreamcast. Someone had a similar issue in the past but I didn't see a resolution.
domerdel

Re: Gamepad stops working mid game

Postby domerdel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:02 pm

This happens to me. Menu prompts still work (save/load menu), but I cannot interact with the ROM/game. Not sure what system you're using, but on nVidia Shield TV (2017), I double-tap the home button (next to start/pause), go to the main menu. Double-tap it again, and go back to Retro and my button activity is restored.

I realize this isn't the best solution, but it is a workaround to avoid completely closing and re-opening the app.
nVidia Shield TV (2017)
LG 65SK9000PUA (LED TV)
LG SLY10YG (Sound bar)
robj80

Re: Gamepad stops working mid game

Postby robj80 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:41 pm

domerdel wrote:This happens to me. Menu prompts still work (save/load menu), but I cannot interact with the ROM/game. Not sure what system you're using, but on nVidia Shield TV (2017), I double-tap the home button (next to start/pause), go to the main menu. Double-tap it again, and go back to Retro and my button activity is restored.

I realize this isn't the best solution, but it is a workaround to avoid completely closing and re-opening the app.

Thanks for the tip! I am on a Shield. Some systems when you go to the main menu then back into the emulator the games restart. I will use your trick for the systems that don't do that. I have run another emulator and the gamepad did the same thing to me. I just have to remember to hit a button once in awhile for those long cut scenes.

Return to “Troubleshooting”