No NES games will launch, only black screen :'/

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
wheresmycash

No NES games will launch, only black screen :'/

Postby wheresmycash » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:21 am

Hi. I have been enjoyinh RetroX since January on my Nvidia shield. Flawless execution, yours is the best and easiest Android front end hands down. I recently purchased an Emtec Gembox to do kodi, iptv and retrox in my bedroom (shield is in the living room). The install went through on the Gembox without a hitch, was able to install the apk and add all the system roms to their respective emulators. I copied the exact set of roms from the hard drive connected to my shield to the sd card in the gembox. I went thru every system and launched one game, so Retrox can downloaded the required files. NES downloaded 3 different files, and it went thru without a problem. Only thing is, no matter what NES rom (.nes files) I launch, it just sits on a black screen. I left it for 10 mins, no change. I uninstalled Retrox, all the addons and tried again, but got the same result, black screen ONLY with NES roms. Any suggestions?
Ratbag

Re: No NES games will launch, only black screen :'/

Postby Ratbag » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:24 am

Did you try switching the internal emulator from the default one?
wheresmycash

Postby wheresmycash » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:37 pm

Ratbag wrote:Did you try switching the internal emulator from the default one?

Thanks Ratbag for replying. Didn't know this was an option, I didn't see any info on it in the documentation. So basically, at the black screen i get when i launch the game, i hit select+start, and there's a menu, is the setting there? Sorry I'm at work, so don't have access to the system right now.
Ratbag

Postby Ratbag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:06 pm

Press the menu button when highlighting a game and options will appear.
wheresmycash

Postby wheresmycash » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:46 pm

Ratbag wrote:Press the menu button when highlighting a game and options will appear.

Aww thank you man it worked you're a lifesaver! Preciate you! Needs to be in the main guide tho....

Return to “Troubleshooting”