N64 Controller mapping issues

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
robbrechter

N64 Controller mapping issues

Postby robbrechter » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:42 am

I’m running RetroX on Nvidia Shield TV and trying to play a N64 games but can’t get button mapping working, specifically the Start button and the C buttons. I am using a raphnet Dual N64 controller to USB adapter and have tried both the Retro Fighters Brawler64 controller as well as an official Nintendo controller. When I open to the button mapping interface, it recognizes all of the buttons and can remap them all correctly. However, when I load any ROMs, it’s as if the mapping reverts back. The problem is that without remapping, I have no Start button and cannot load games. At that point, I back out of the game and reopen the button mapping screen. As soon as I press a button, RetroX crashes and I’m kicked back to the Shield TV main menu.

So I’m not sure what’s going on. The controller is recognized and the button can be remapped appropriately. It’s just that the new settings are not being implemented once the ROM loads. Any help would be much appreciated.

Return to “Troubleshooting”