Searching Network/LAN shared directories not working

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
compsmith

Re: ROMS stored on Windows Server network share

Postby compsmith » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:52 pm

fcatrin wrote:We are getting closer!!

Please try this one:
http://arealinux.cl/apk/RetroXTesting.apk

I got the same error, but it updates as soon as I open the app. So I belive its over writing this apk
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:32 am

It cannot be the same error. the "Access denied" text is no longer in the app.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
compsmith

Postby compsmith » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:29 pm

fcatrin wrote:It cannot be the same error. the "Access denied" text is no longer in the app.

I think i may have not updated my Shield TV with the apk you posted. Ill post screen shots for both devices
**edit** seems to be the same error. This displays immediately Neither are finding the "workgroup" or "compsmith" domain now. Both on v. 2.6.15
Attachments
shieldtv.jpg
shieldtv.jpg (148.52 KiB) Viewed 9061 times
nexus_player.jpg
nexus_player.jpg (150.48 KiB) Viewed 9062 times
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:14 pm

Well, these shots show us something interesting. The problem is that the packet sent by Windows 2012 has a signature and that signature is failing to validate in the client side (app).

Honestly I'm not a "windows man", I'm just learning all this complexities with its network protocol. I've researched on this topic and they say that Windows 2012 domain controllers have signing enabled by default, you can try disabling it just test if that is a problem or not.

https://blogs.msmvps.com/bradley/2012/1 ... ssentials/
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
compsmith

Postby compsmith » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:31 am

fcatrin wrote:Well, these shots show us something interesting. The problem is that the packet sent by Windows 2012 has a signature and that signature is failing to validate in the client side (app).

Honestly I'm not a "windows man", I'm just learning all this complexities with its network protocol. I've researched on this topic and they say that Windows 2012 domain controllers have signing enabled by default, you can try disabling it just test if that is a problem or not.

Looks like I had a GPO already in place to disable that. Im going to say lets just back burner this. I had issues getting the Shield TV to mount the shares as well. My solution is to add an external SSD to the Shield TV for ROMS then mount that share to my Nexus player and any others i may add for a central repository. Thanks for your effort though!

Side question:
Im getting a black screen for Dreamcast games. Is there somewhere I need to put the bios (dc_boot.bin & dc_flash), ? I dont see it in the bios manager.

Side question to the side question:
in the rendering methods. There are 2 sets of hq2x, hq3x, hq4x. Are they different implementations or dups? Is there any better ones for pixel smoothing...?
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:28 am

compsmith wrote:Side question:
Im getting a black screen for Dreamcast games. Is there somewhere I need to put the bios (dc_boot.bin & dc_flash), ? I dont see it in the bios manager.

I would think that the media is being read with errors or the game that you are testing doesn't work.
Try Rayman 2, I know that is a compatible game

compsmith wrote:Side question to the side question:
in the rendering methods. There are 2 sets of hq2x, hq3x, hq4x. Are they different implementations or dups? Is there any better ones for pixel smoothing...?

Dups. Initially I added a small set, but some people started to ask for more shaders, so I added all in batch. I kept the older ones only because some people may have been using them. The duplicates are newer versions though.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
compsmith

Postby compsmith » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:28 pm

fcatrin wrote:Well, these shots show us something interesting. The problem is that the packet sent by Windows 2012 has a signature and that signature is failing to validate in the client side (app).

@fcatrin I want to bump this old thread as I am unable to browse shares on my Shield TV from my Nexus Player anymore. At one time in prior revisions I could do this and have set paths to various ROM directories on the Shield TV. Re-scanning still works as well as downloading and playing the ROM's from the Shield TV. Im not really concerned with the Windows share because all my ROM's are on a external mounted to the SHIELD TV.

Share's on the Nexus Player previously set up with a prior version of RetroX:

Error when searching for shares:

Could there be a possibility to manually add the shares path?
compsmith

Re: Searching Network/LAN shared directories not working

Postby compsmith » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:52 pm

@fcatrin any chance you can take a look at this again? SMB cant even find my Nvidia shield which is where I have my ROMs stored on a external hard drive now. Several versions ago I Retrox was able to find the shield but now it just errors out. And since then I have added several android tvs so I don't want to copy ROMs multiple time to all my TV's considering I have almost 500gb in ROMs.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:24 pm

SMB support is only compatible with SMB1 / CIFS
If you are using a different protocol for sharing via NAS, it won't be found
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
compsmith

Postby compsmith » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:06 pm

fcatrin wrote:SMB support is only compatible with SMB1 / CIFS
If you are using a different protocol for sharing via NAS, it won't be found

As I stated on my previous post. The shared drive is a Nvidia Shield. The Shield TV uses SMB1. Tested with the shield and a mi box s hardwired on the same switch. accessing the shared drive on a Windows 10 client with SMB1 enabled works fine. I think this feature is broke. Can you confirm it works for you?

Return to “Troubleshooting”