RetroX Multi Emulator Add-on has stopped

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
r0551

RetroX Multi Emulator Add-on has stopped

Postby r0551 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:53 am

Hey guys - keep getting an error message 'RetroX Multi Emulator Add-on has stopped' 'open app again' when trying to run Genesis/Game Gear/Sega CD/Lynx and Jaguar games (all other emulators work fine for me). What can i do to sort please (the games i have for those systems work fine in their own respective standalone emulators - just not opening in RetroX). On Nvidia Shield TV

Cheers for any help!
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: RetroX Multi Emulator Add-on has stopped

Postby fcatrin » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:16 pm

Try uninstalling the "MultiEmulator AddOn" from Settings -> Apps in your device.
Then reinstall it from http://emus.retrox.tv
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
r0551

Postby r0551 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:02 am

Cheers for replying man, tried that and tried installing both the different multi emulators there and both still have the same error message but just on those systems
r0551

Postby r0551 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:05 pm

Hey - I ended up uninstalling the app and all add ons and doing a complete fresh install - that has sorted it - cheers!
jvleal

Postby jvleal » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:18 pm

I know this is now solved but i wanted to share another possible solution. I had this issue a couple months ago with the psx emulator. All i had to do was restart my device and everything worked great.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:39 pm

It seem that sometimes the device is in a state that it can't run the PSX emulator. I haven't run into this issue, but if that happens again, before restarting the device can you try force closing other apps and trying again? (Settings -> Apps)
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
robj80

Postby robj80 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:39 pm

This exact same thing out of the blue just started happening to me. All other systems seem to work fine. Except some BOB game on genesis, though that might be a ROM issue.

I tried force closing retrox, tried clearing the cache on the multi emu, tried exiting out of the app and going back in. Nothing works except for restarting the Shield. I would love to know exactly what is causing the issue. If it is a certain app running so I force stop it instead of rebooting. Those extra 10 seconds I'm wasting on a reboot I can be playing video games!! :lol:
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:59 pm

The emulators and the frontend (RetroX) are different apps. Force closing RetroX will not work in that case, try force closing the RetroX MultiEmulator Add-On instead.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Troubleshooting”