Resident Evil 2 disc swap issues

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Resident Evil 2 disc swap issues

Postby fcatrin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:01 pm

I didn't know about that use case!!

I certainly can do it. It will come in a future release
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
KingPepper50

Postby KingPepper50 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:20 pm

Hi All,

The only thing i can suggest is to have two completely different names of your Resident Evil 2 disc's.

For example:
From this:-

Resident Evil 2 (USA) (Disc 1)
Resident Evil 2 (USA) (Disc 2)

To this:-

Resident Evil 2 - Leon (U)
Resident Evil 2 - Claire (U)

Surely this would solve the problem, BUT remember to edit the .cue files to reflect the name change, including the contents of the .cue, with say Notepad++ (a free program that can edit most text files including your .cue files), thus you end up with..............

Resident Evil 2 - Leon (U).bin
Resident Evil 2 - Leon (U).cue
And
Resident Evil 2 - Claire (U).bin
Resident Evil 2 - Claire (U).cue

And so when RetroX is started up, it will show both game disc, and allow you to select either one.
avalanche

Postby avalanche » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:04 am

Will the different game files be able to read the same save game info. From memory with the actual disc version saved data from when you complete one disc would then give you bonus content or levels when you play the other disc.
Jaythe2nd

Postby Jaythe2nd » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:55 am

fcatrin wrote:I didn't know about that use case!!

I certainly can do it. It will come in a future release

Great, thanks Franco.

KingPepper50 wrote:Hi All,

The only thing i can suggest is to have two completely different names of your Resident Evil 2 disc's.

For example:
From this:-

Resident Evil 2 (USA) (Disc 1)
Resident Evil 2 (USA) (Disc 2)

To this:-

Resident Evil 2 - Leon (U)
Resident Evil 2 - Claire (U)

Surely this would solve the problem, BUT remember to edit the .cue files to reflect the name change, including the contents of the .cue, with say Notepad++ (a free program that can edit most text files including your .cue files), thus you end up with..............

Resident Evil 2 - Leon (U).bin
Resident Evil 2 - Leon (U).cue
And
Resident Evil 2 - Claire (U).bin
Resident Evil 2 - Claire (U).cue

And so when RetroX is started up, it will show both game disc, and allow you to select either one.

Separating the discs this way will only get you access to scenario A of each disc, as you won’t be able to swap discs after you finish each one. In RE2 each disc has two scenarios A & B. You can either start with disc1 (Leon) scenario A, finish it, swap discs and gain acces to disc2 (Claire) scenario B, or start with disc 2 (Claire) scenario A, finish it, swap discs and gain acces to disc 1 (Leon) scenario B.
big.wh00p

Postby big.wh00p » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:10 pm

I have exactly the same issue. I have both discs packaged in to a pbp file, and have the option to change disc but it then crashes. Would it be possible to add a restart option in the menu to just restart the emulator with new disc inserted?
Jaythe2nd

Postby Jaythe2nd » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:20 am

big.wh00p wrote:I have exactly the same issue. I have both discs packaged in to a pbp file, and have the option to change disc but it then crashes. Would it be possible to add a restart option in the menu to just restart the emulator with new disc inserted?

same here, I just finished disc1 of the game and saved. now I'm supposed to start disc2 and load that save but I'm not able to start the game with disc2. it always starts disc1 by default and whenever I switch discs it freezes on me.

yeah I think resetting the game after we switch discs is a good solution, or have an option to choose which disc to play when we start the game.
Jaythe2nd

Postby Jaythe2nd » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:22 am

Still not able to start the game with disc 2, I hope it gets resolved soon and we get an option to choose which disc to play instead of starting disc 1 by default.

Return to “Troubleshooting”