Problem with Jaguar & 3do emulation

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
Ilyador

Problem with Jaguar & 3do emulation

Postby Ilyador » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:53 am

Hi,

I am new in the world of Retrox (I used mostly my PI2 with Retropie or Happi Game Center until now).
You have already done an incredible work with Retrobox/Retrox !
I have performed many tests of various roms and systems, and for the most part all works fine : thanks for this.

Actually, I have noted 2 issues in particular :
1. Jaguar :
All roms tested run very slowly (1-2 fps) or just black screen with horrible sound.
I used various roms, from different sources, and with .j64 and .jag extension.

2. 3do :
Here, just put .iso file under ".../retrobox/3do/" folder.
Then, force scan of this system, but rom is not detected : the 3DO system is not available/shown on the system selection screen.

Note :
Roms are stored into an external USB drive. Using "collection" method on RetroX (path detected into "Manage roms")
And it is OK for all other current systems.

Thank you in advance.
Devices : Wetek Play 2 (AndroidTV 6 custom rom v2.4) / Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (AndroidTV 8) / Smartphone Android 6 / GPD XD+ Cleanrom v2 (Android 7)
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Jaguar & 3do emulation

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:06 pm

Thanks for your comments

1) Sadly that's the current status of the emulator that we are using for Jaguar (RetroArch + VirtualJaguar). You need a really powerful device and even that's not enough sometimes

2) Look for Panasonic 3DO (or REAL Panasonic 3DO) in the menu

Cheers
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Ilyador

Postby Ilyador » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:26 pm

Thank you for your quick reply.

1) Oh OK.
I did not think that Jaguar emulation required more power from host device than N64 emulation (which works well globally).

2) I have succeeded to run a 3DO game (really laggy), but not from collection method:
Adding "1 single game" as 3DO game, then search it on "all systems" : found it and was able to run it.
But cannot found it directly from system selection : "Panasonic 3DO" doesn't appear in the system menu (neither on search filter)
It is same behaviour with "force rescan" on 3DO system (not found anything).

Edit : but now, just few more minutes later, the "Panasonic 3DO" logo is correctly displayed on the system selection menu at last.
Devices : Wetek Play 2 (AndroidTV 6 custom rom v2.4) / Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (AndroidTV 8) / Smartphone Android 6 / GPD XD+ Cleanrom v2 (Android 7)
KingPepper50

Postby KingPepper50 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:27 am

Hi there,
When you use the rescan button for any updated system of games, you must close down RetroX and restart it again, and when its done its updating etc etc
you will notice that the 3DO logo or whatever system you just rescanned will only show after closing down of App and restarting.
Sorry if that doesn't make sense, i am not good at explaining things, but i try. :oops:
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:17 am

There are two options for the display of the system logos, the default is to show all the systems, but you can change it to only show the systems for games that you have. That may have caused the icon not to be there at the beginning.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Maximilium

Postby Maximilium » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:39 am

I had the same issues with 3DO & Jaguar.

Where this 2 options are located? I look through the settings and I can not find them.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:31 am

Rescan is at Manage Games -> Rescan
Visible icons is at Settings -> Display -> Include systems without games in selector
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Maximilium

Postby Maximilium » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:02 pm

Thanks !!!

Return to “Troubleshooting”