SHIELDTV & N64 Emulator

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
supermattkelly

SHIELDTV & N64 Emulator

Postby supermattkelly » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:56 pm

The emulation runs great, but I'm CONSTANTLY accidentally toggling the Regular/Swapped/GoldenEye setting when using the left analogue control stick. It is very easy to accidentally "click" it while playing a game, which triggers the toggle. I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally died after my controls swapped from an accidental click!

Is there a way to turn this feature off, so that they will only toggle when in the settings menu?

Thanks!
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: SHIELDTV & N64 Emulator

Postby fcatrin » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:11 am

That action is done with the SELECT button, not the analog. How can you press that? (I'm curious).
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
supermattkelly

Postby supermattkelly » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:48 pm

The SHIELDTV controller's analogue joysticks also feature the ability to "click". Meaning, you can push down on the analogue joy stick, feel a "click," which then can be tied to some sort of action. On another emulator, I had mapped the right analogue "click" to bring up the menu. But mapping anything to the left analogue "click" is detrimental to a fun gaming experience. :( I'd love to see an update that would remove this! I'm surprised no other SHIELDTV owners have chimed in on this yet.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:12 am

I see. They have not chimed because they have mapped the BACK button of the Shield to be the SELECT button :-)
Yes, you can do that.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
KingPepper50

Postby KingPepper50 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:53 pm

I think what the person is saying Franco is that, they would rather there were NO keys or commands mapped to the left Analogue stick, so if you press in Analogue stick in mistake, it doesn't do anything at all.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:04 am

One shouldn't map a button to the analog stick. There is no need to, unless you are using an OUYA controller.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Troubleshooting”