fcatrin
Site Admin

[RELEASE] 2.7.36 Themes4Noobs

Postby fcatrin » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:07 pm

A new update has been released! This brings:

• New Android TV users will get Themes by default
  • Video snaps for Themes
  • Old MAME 2003 has been brought back. No cheats, but it works
  • New alternative - EmuMovies friendly - artwork locations (see retrox.tv/artwork)
  • No more need to rescan for missing MAME/FBA files. Also you can ignore the warning if you have all the files merged.
  • Storage permissions now requested on startup
  • Removed obsolete Facebook and Google login
  • Source preferences (online, local) are now saved
    Faster startup

As always the update is automatic, although some users have reported having problems after the latest Nvidia Shield update, receiving a "parsing error" while installing APK files. If that is your case, try uninstalling all RetroX related packages, not only the app, you will find the emulators under System Apps in the Shield. If the problem persists, a factory reset will certainly fix it.

Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
XBEOX

Re: [RELEASE] 2.7.36 Themes4Noobs

Postby XBEOX » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:31 pm

Nice!

Do you have to do something for the video snaps to show? I mean, do you have to get all of your own snaps and put them in a folder or do they just get pushed down?
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:37 pm

Citing: "They are only available in the Themes user interface, they are never downloaded automatically by RetroX and they must be added through local storage"

http://www.retrox.tv/artwork/

Also I've added this page to help people with problems after the latest Nvidia Shield update

http://www.retrox.tv/themes4noobs-help/
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Menrock

Postby Menrock » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:18 am

New video snap is awesome also tv mode with themes on my phone is incredible satisfactory with my 8bitdo.

Themes are flawless retrox team are doing great ! :)
Cas

Postby Cas » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:37 pm

As always the update is automatic, although some users have reported having problems after the latest Nvidia Shield update, receiving a "parsing error" while installing APK files. If that is your case, try uninstalling all RetroX related packages, not only the app, you will find the emulators under System Apps in the Shield. If the problem persists, a factory reset will certainly fix it.

------------------------------------------------------

I wish to remove Retrox from my Nvidia shield but I cannot find the where the emulaters are in the System Apps, what is the file name to remove and how do i remove it please ?
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:08 pm

In the Shield go to Apps, it will list a recent list of apps, then scroll down and you will find More Apps, open it and scroll down again, you will find System Apps. Then look for all apps with names starting with "RetroX", except or "Reicast" that you will recognize by the RetroX logo.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Cas

Postby Cas » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:27 pm

fcatrin wrote:In the Shield go to Apps, it will list a recent list of apps, then scroll down and you will find More Apps, open it and scroll down again, you will find System Apps. Then look for all apps with names starting with "RetroX", except or "Reicast" that you will recognize by the RetroX logo.

Thanks all sorted :)
wheresmycash

Postby wheresmycash » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:52 pm

I've added Gameboy video snaps, but they do not play in the theme, only a still image. I've found that the snaps must be named exactly the same as the roms in order to show up, and they are on my end. I had to create a folder within the artwork folder called "gb" because retrox didn't create one. I think this has something to do with it? Rescan after rescan still no video snaps for gameboy, but snaps for other systems are showing up. Please help and thanks.

EDIT: I think i figured out a fix and I hope this helps someone who encounters this issue. So I deleted all the suffixes from the rom as well as the video snap (i.e. (USA),(Proto),(Europe), etc) and matched the names of the snaps and roms to the tee (no empty spaces at the end of the names, etc.) and now the snap plays when the rom is highlighted. Only issue i found is that any rom that scapes and has a ":" in the title (i.e. Castlevania:Belmont's revenge), will not match to a video snap. This is because in Windows, you can't save a file with ":" (colon) in the name. And there's no way to rename the rom within Retrox, so these you will have to accept just still images.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:46 pm

RetroX replaces the ":" sign by "_" for those files, can you give it to see if that fixes it for you?
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “News and Announcements”