Live backgrounds and new YouTube Channel

Upcoming features ands announcements in general
fcatrin
Site Admin

Live backgrounds and new YouTube Channel

Postby fcatrin » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:31 pm

Retro gaming in new TV sets always have the problem of not using the full screen. Personally I don’t like to stretch the image but at the same time I don’t like to have the empty spaces / black bars at the sides. Some emulators put an image to cover the black area but that has the problem that for some games it just doesn’t match, then I watched some videos that added a live background with the images of the game itself, with a bit of blurring and I thought that it was awesome.

So I spent some time working on the idea and I made it for RetroArch. RetroX uses a rather old version of RetroArch (1.2.2) and I don’t know if they have done it in new versions, but at least our version will have it. Now I will play with it a little before releasing it to the public as an option, and hopefully I will add the same to the other emulators used in RetroX.

At the same time, I announce our new RetroX exclusive YouTube channel where you can follow the development of new features and anything RetroX related. Don’t forget to subscribe to receive the updates!

Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “News and Announcements”