Official Roadmap for RetroX

Upcoming features ands announcements in general
KingPepper50

Re: Official Roadmap for RetroX

Postby KingPepper50 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:59 pm

drhoemmal wrote:
fcatrin wrote:I've just published the official roadmap with all the features that we will be working on RetroX this year and the next one.

Comments are welcomed.

http://www.retrox.tv/roadmap/

I am just here to leave my footprints.

Big Fan and still hoping, that someday I'll see the features from the roadmap in RetroX.

But consider, I'm already in my mid forties, and the life expectancy here in austria is only 82 years.

I stay tuned

LOL very good, i am 51 years young, so i have less time than you! for updates. :roll:
Problem is, as we get older, our reactions are slowing down, day by day.................so eventually, i will not be able to play any Retro game on RetroX. :lol:
deaddisk

Postby deaddisk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:18 pm

Sorry, i like RetroX, but the delay without a new status update is not good. fcatrin was known so far for a good communication and transparency, but now no news?

Come on, give us pay users some tangible :)

P.S. I'm 42 ;)
Fredoias

Postby Fredoias » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:59 am

deaddisk wrote:Sorry, i like RetroX, but the delay without a new status update is not good. fcatrin was known so far for a good communication and transparency, but now no news?

Come on, give us pay users some tangible :)

P.S. I'm 42 ;)

You guys better be careful, you may hurt someone's feelings and get scolded like I do. Especially if you are complaining about the complete lack of the promised features / updates.

I like RetroX as well, but without the offline mode, it is unusable at the times I would use it the most.

49 going on 15 here. 8-)
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:58 pm

I'm reading guys. I don't have news about offline yet. Only small fixes here and there.

BTW. I'm 41, turning 42 on February 18
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
deaddisk

Postby deaddisk » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:44 am

Hi!

What about some new Emulators meanwhile? :)
avalanche

Postby avalanche » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:47 am

deaddisk wrote:Hi!

What about some new Emulators meanwhile? :)

I've been playing with some of the dev builds of Dolphin on my Shield. Some promising games are now working.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:14 pm

The offline code adds a lot of counter-piracy measures. I've been warned in a friendly manner about some possible methods to hijack the activation, and being offline will make things more risky. I don't want to add features until I'm sure that RX is safe, so, in case something bad happens in the initial release and I need to fix it, they will lose the updates with the new features.

Adding fixes is another story.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
KingPepper50

Postby KingPepper50 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:09 pm

fcatrin wrote:The offline code adds a lot of counter-piracy measures. I've been warned in a friendly manner about some possible methods to hijack the activation, and being offline will make things more risky. I don't want to add features until I'm sure that RX is safe, so, in case something bad happens in the initial release and I need to fix it, they will lose the updates with the new features.

Adding fixes is another story.

Here is a simple idea, put at your end on server side CRC check of all program combined, so when they connect to your server to update, savestates / art work etc etc, just do a test when they do connect, there is no way they can pirate this software, because CRC total will not match, and revert there copy to 6 game demo version again. :ugeek:

Would that not work?
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:17 am

It won't work because the decision is finally done on the client, so one can just remove the condition on the client side so it always assume that an "OK" is returned from the server.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
merlinthewiz

Postby merlinthewiz » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Hello

Would it perhaps be an idea to have something like a patreon subscription, where those most interested in betas, previews etc
could get to get early access, test new emulators and so on.
It would also be a new way for you to have more sustainable income.

I would happily pay some (couple of $) just to always get the new stuff first. Like CEMU

Perhaps some, like me, are not waiting so much for offline mode, as other emulators and developments.

Just a thought :)

Brgds
m.

Return to “News and Announcements”