Official Roadmap for RetroX

Upcoming features ands announcements in general
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Official Roadmap for RetroX

Postby fcatrin » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:29 pm

Hey thanks for your words and your will to support!

I will require help when the community based metadata is launched. And of course it will be announced here.

Cheers and thanks again!
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
deaddisk

Postby deaddisk » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:27 am

@fcatrin:

Any news in terms of the announced update for this Monday?

Surely all RetroX users are not angry when it comes to shifts, but writing nothing reminds me of various Kickstarter projects. I hope you're fine, just no stress, but a life sign would be nice :)
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:32 pm

I'm fine. I've been writing responses on every post, just give me some time please.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
deaddisk

Postby deaddisk » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:02 am

Thanks for the fast reply. :) I take a look at your roadmap. Many planned things are in delay. What is the fact in the implementation of the remaining announced things for 2017? Canwe expect an update this year, especially with the emulators (I.e. Amiga CD32) and theming?
Fredoias

Postby Fredoias » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:59 pm

Based on the PMs I have gotten from Franco. I would not expect much until he gets his head back into the game. I felt bad for him at first, but now not so much. Until the promised features are implemented, we are all just Beta testing an app that we payed for.

I love the basics of it and it looks good, but the delays are getting old now. I will not be recommending this to anyone until promised features are complete.
avalanche

Postby avalanche » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:31 am

Fredoias wrote:Based on the PMs I have gotten from Franco. I would not expect much until he gets his head back into the game. I felt bad for him at first, but now not so much. Until the promised features are implemented, we are all just Beta testing an app that we payed for.

I love the basics of it and it looks good, but the delays are getting old now. I will not be recommending this to anyone until promised features are complete.

Dude, we all want those new features added to RetroX and sure the roadmap is behind schedule but at the end of the day it's a single developer building RetroX and not some huge development team. At the end of the day RetroX is still better than most of the frontend/emulator apps out there for Andriod and people being on the forums posting the same 'When will the updates be ready' get pretty old and isn't really help things move faster.

I want the new and improved version as much as anyone but I'm guessing it'll be ready when it's ready and I'd prefer for it to be built properly than to be rushed out quickly and be a broken mess just to appease a small group of people.
deaddisk

Postby deaddisk » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:43 am

avalanche wrote:
Fredoias wrote:Based on the PMs I have gotten from Franco. I would not expect much until he gets his head back into the game. I felt bad for him at first, but now not so much. Until the promised features are implemented, we are all just Beta testing an app that we payed for.

Dude, we all want those new features added to RetroX and sure the roadmap is behind schedule but at the end of the day it's a single developer building RetroX and not some huge development team. At the end of the day RetroX is still better than most of the frontend/emulator apps out there for Andriod and people being on the forums posting the same 'When will the updates be ready' get pretty old and isn't really help things move faster.

I want the new and improved version as much as anyone but I'm guessing it'll be ready when it's ready and I'd prefer for it to be built properly than to be rushed out quickly and be a broken mess just to appease a small group of people.

I agree but transparency is is big thing to trust in a project :) maybe could the roadmap updated?
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:53 am

The roadmap was updated, I added a note but I didn't want to change the time frames, because it would lose track of what was planned at the beginning.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Fredoias

Postby Fredoias » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:26 am

fcatrin wrote:The roadmap was updated, I added a note but I didn't want to change the time frames, because it would lose track of what was planned at the beginning.

You might want to update your update. Way more than 1 month delay.

Welcome to the world of customer service. If you don't keep your customers in the loop they will no longer recommend your product to anyone.

A little information would keep the wolves at bay.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:18 pm

Well, offline code is there, needs more testing. Given that the app is designed for TV devices, always connected to the internet, there are a lot of corner cases to cover. And as I told you before, I will not risk the whole app for just a few users.

You have to wait.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “News and Announcements”