Price and purchase method change

Upcoming features ands announcements in general
fcatrin
Site Admin

Price and purchase method change

Postby fcatrin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:18 am

To ensure future development of RetroX and continuos availability of services like cloud savings, the price and purchase method will change. The time has come to change from lifetime purchase to a yearly subscription. People will still be able to buy a lifetime license, but at a higher price. I don't have the final numbers yet, but I can say that from January 28th, new users will have the option to choose between a yearly subscription or lifetime license.

I need to be clear about this: All licenses purchased before January 28th are lifetime licenses. There is no change for people that already have their accounts activated. For new users, the yearly subscription will be equivalent in price to the old lifetime licenses, I consider all people that have supported RetroX these years and allowed me to reach this point as privileged users.

Again, thanks for your continuous support!!
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Fredoias

Re: Price and purchase method change

Postby Fredoias » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:08 am

So, what happened to the deal with PRG? If you are considering a price increase, did that deal fall through?
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:45 pm

No, it has nothing to do with PRG. That deal is going great.

What I need is to make sure that in three years from now I still can pay for the servers and be able to work most of the time in RetroX.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
robj80

Postby robj80 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:56 pm

No more lifetime purchases? Your website says $12.99 for 1 year and $22.99 for two years? I already have my license so I'm good but I recommend the service quite a bit and I want to be able to tell them about the cost.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:59 pm

No more lifetime licenses. The update was done last night
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
robj80

Postby robj80 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:33 pm

edit: posted in wrong thread. Sorry
Napalm_Death

Postby Napalm_Death » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:55 pm

Hi im from Poland and i trying to buy retrox since long. I m having problem with Amazon.. :| . I made 3 accounts and still every time i have error durning payment and after seccound or third time Amazon says wrong pass to my account reseting pass wont help cuz while reseting i have site error on all device :evil: :cry: and now i See the licencje is for 1 or 2 years... Bit :oops: :? disapointing... but still would like to try Retrox..
Is there a different paying metod? I m sick of Amazon.....
Best regards
Maciej F
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:44 pm

Send me PM
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
tvgameskodi

Postby tvgameskodi » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:52 pm

I love your product, but the new pricing is a bit steep. I think it will turn a lot of people away, especially considering there are free or cheaper alternatives out there... Although not as good. Please reconsider your pricing, and offer a lifetime activation, as I too would like to recommend this to others. Personally I think a $25 lifetime subscription would be more fair. I understand you have costs associated with this, but many of us don't need stuff like cloud saving, etc.
Asser

Postby Asser » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:27 pm

I too was here to checkout the current state and pricing of retrox, because I wanted to test out some rom sets on it. But under the given new conditions I will just continue to use my ArcBrowser with dedicated emulators on my Shield TV. I also do not need the cloud functionality. Will check out, whether the new pring policy still persists in half a year or so.

Return to “News and Announcements”