[REQUEST] PS2 Emulation on RetroX

Discuss existing features and requests for new features using [REQUEST] in the title
Forum rules
Discussions only around the RetroX application. Links to ROMs or request for them are forbidden. Insisting users will be banned
Charlie

Re: [REQUEST] PS2 Emulation on RetroX

Postby Charlie » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:35 pm

Damn, 30 years old jaguar and we can't play it without the freaking lagg on the Nvidia shield that is suppose to be very powerful.this is bullshit. I'm using the geforce now and I stream the newest games wonderful with the Nvidia shield tv without any lagg. Yeah okej it's cloud gaming, but still.
Cee123

Postby Cee123 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:49 pm

Yeah virtualjaguar sucks. It's laggy and full of graphics issues. It hasn't been improved in about 10 years. There is an emulator called Iratajaguar that runs pretty perfect. But unfortunately you have to buy it and it's closed source. Same with their 3do emulator Real3doplayer. Runs better than 4DO.
Charlie

Postby Charlie » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:02 pm

Cee123 wrote:Yeah virtualjaguar sucks. It's laggy and full of graphics issues. It hasn't been improved in about 10 years. There is an emulator called Iratajaguar that runs pretty perfect. But unfortunately you have to buy it and it's closed source. Same with their 3do emulator Real3doplayer. Runs better than 4DO.

Thanks for the info, still wish we could get it to work with retrox
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:51 am

A friend (Stuart Law) threw me the idea to add support for "standalone emulators" for closed source emulators, those emulator will not be integrated and you will have to set it up yourself just like you do with any other front end out there, but at least you would be able to manage your collection from within RetroX. May be that would help on 3DO, Jaguar and recent Dreamcast developments (ReDream)
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Cee123

Postby Cee123 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:09 am

Charlie wrote:
Cee123 wrote:Yeah virtualjaguar sucks. It's laggy and full of graphics issues. It hasn't been improved in about 10 years. There is an emulator called Iratajaguar that runs pretty perfect. But unfortunately you have to buy it and it's closed source. Same with their 3do emulator Real3doplayer. Runs better than 4DO.

Thanks for the info, still wish we could get it to work with retrox

No worries. Also, Drastic runs better than Desmume and MelonDS. But they've both since improved a lot since the last time I used them. Unfortunately, it's another emulator that's purchase only and closed source.
Charlie

Postby Charlie » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:39 pm

Thanks brother för the info. Appreciate it
Ratbag

Postby Ratbag » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:54 am

fcatrin wrote:A friend (Stuart Law) threw me the idea to add support for "standalone emulators" for closed source emulators, those emulator will not be integrated and you will have to set it up yourself just like you do with any other front end out there, but at least you would be able to manage your collection from within RetroX. May be that would help on 3DO, Jaguar and recent Dreamcast developments (ReDream)

The addition of third party emulators would be great. Especially if it allows retroarch cores too.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:22 am

RetroArch cores can be added as it is now.
Which RetroArch cores are you missing?
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
drhoemmal

Postby drhoemmal » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:02 am

3DO, Jaguar Stand-Alone-Emulation.....nice, but those things are allready out there.

I always hoped, that RetroX will add all that real nice stuff, thats buried in the mame/mess core - the real retroconsoles that no other frontend offers.

Like CreatiVision, Bally Astrocade, Vectrex, Emerson Arcadia, VC400, the Casio consoles, G7000....

and with the upcoming new screen-keyboard maybe the old homecomputers, like Mattel Aquarius or Colecos Adam, and all these old systems.

Jaguar, PS2, Gamecube.. yeah..nice, but not retro(x)
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:12 pm

First I must finish adding support for some popular and requested systems like C64, CPC464 and ZX before going to the more obscure ones!
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Features”