Game pad issues on Shield

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
xDetoursx

Game pad issues on Shield

Postby xDetoursx » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi, using Shieldtv (2015) with the latest updates. The Nvidia controller works fine and is fully functional. But, the x-box controller and PS4 controller do not work in games.

They are recognized in Retrox and I can navigate through the main menu fine, but once a game loads, I can't start the game or play. If I start the game using the Nvidia controller, the other controllers still do not work in the game.

Thx
Ratbag

Re: Game pad issues on Shield

Postby Ratbag » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:15 pm

Are they mapped as second and third controllers?
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:35 am

You need to map them in Settings -> Gamepads

That will change, but that's how it works at this moment.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
xDetoursx

Postby xDetoursx » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:57 am

Ok, so a simple controller question is turning in to something completely different.

To answer the above questions, yes the controllers were mapped and showed up as 2nd and 3rd controllers.

But I just went in to play and got a notice for an update for the Emumovies. When trying to update I got a Parsing error and couldn't open Retrox. I followed the thread for the fix and deleted everything and reinstalled. The update took and I added all my games folders.

Now when I go to play a game it force exits back to the Shield main screen and RetroX closes. Doesn't matter which system I try to play, as soon as I open it and the game list populates, it kicks me out.

Edit: Apparently the update didn't take. Started Retrox again and got the update message for EmuMovies. Tried installing it and get the Parsing error again

Edit 2: uninstalled and reinstalled again. This time it seems to be working fine. Xbox controller works too.

Ahh..the drama. Lol
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:54 pm

haha that's a lot of drama!

Is it still working fine?
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Troubleshooting”