[Intermittent] - navigating down quickly bounces back up to previous option in a list

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
cryptic_crusader

[Intermittent] - navigating down quickly bounces back up to previous option in a list

Postby cryptic_crusader » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:11 pm

Discovered while using an 8bitdo sn30 controller:

Steps:

Navigate left main menu downward fast. Press down twice to go from top (eg. Recent) to bottom (eg. Settings). This mostly happens which switching views or hitting the home button and then going into the left nav settings.

eg. select a game and visit it's settings. press A/B button to go back.

Remember, this happens in any list that.

Android 7, Asus Zenpad z8s.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: [Intermittent] - navigating down quickly bounces back up to previous option in a list

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:14 pm

Do you have another controller to try the same behaviour?
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
cryptic_crusader

Re: [Intermittent] - navigating down quickly bounces back up to previous option in a list

Postby cryptic_crusader » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:40 am

I can reproduce it with an Xbox One Controller. Just tap the left nav (hamburger icon) with A button and spam the down button before the nav finishes fully animating and selecting Recently Played in orange in view. I think it’s an edge case but it happens all the time for me when I’m trying to get to the settings or the bottom of a list really fast since you can’t press UP in a list to go to the last or get to the top item when the last item is selected by pressing Down. Just quality of life issues that will polish the experience :)
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:15 am

I don't know if I understand correctly

If you are at the bottom of a list you can't jump to the first item by pressing down, that's how Android lists work.

Is that the case?

Note 1: The Setting option is not part of the list, the list ends with "select source"
Note 2: If you are using a gamepad I'd recommend you to try one of the TV modes and not the mobile / touchscreen mode
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
cryptic_crusader

Postby cryptic_crusader » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:00 pm

TV mode doesn't suite well for my needs for now, that of which I have not tested this issue in. Going from the bottom of a list to the top would be nice but not what I was initially reporting.

The issue is that navigating down in a list will flicker back to the previous item if you are too quick.

Item 1 (Down)
Item 2 (Down)
Item 3 (Down) - result is Item 2 is selected.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:36 pm

Sound more like a controller problem, it's weird because you already used several controllers.
Are you using the analog stick? What if you do the same with the dpad?
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
cryptic_crusader

Postby cryptic_crusader » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:57 pm

I use dpad primarily in retrox. I'll try record a video for you. In the meantime, spend your time on better things :)

Return to “Troubleshooting”