Vote for the next emulator

Discuss existing features and requests for new features using [REQUEST] in the title
Forum rules
Discussions only around the RetroX application. Links to ROMs or request for them are forbidden. Insisting users will be banned

Which emulator would you like to see added next?

3DO
4%
Commodore C64
13%
Sega Saturn
21%
ZX Spectrum
9%
GameCube
39%
Atari ST
6%
Amiga CD32
5%
The emulator that is inside this box
4%

Total votes: 223
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Vote for the next emulator

Postby fcatrin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:08 pm

Hooroo wrote:Franco...

Will you accept bribes?

50 bucks for C64 to be next !!

Hooroo :-)

LOL that would be unfair!
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:10 pm

steviebwoy wrote:C64 would be nice. Wouldn't that require either a virtual keyboard or keyboard support though?

If so, this could be added to the Amiga emulator as well ;) ;) ;)

Actually that's why my work on C64 stopped. There must be an Android TV compatible virtual keyboard, and I started working on one for all computer emulators but then.. dreamcast, themes.. etc. It's in halfway or 40% may be.

https://github.com/fcatrin/retroxlibs/t ... x/keyboard

Cheers!
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:11 pm

C64 please, gamecube etc run pefectly well on other emu's, C64 needs some luv :ugeek:
steviebwoy

Postby steviebwoy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:09 pm

fcatrin wrote:
steviebwoy wrote:C64 would be nice. Wouldn't that require either a virtual keyboard or keyboard support though?

If so, this could be added to the Amiga emulator as well ;) ;) ;)

Actually that's why my work on C64 stopped. There must be an Android TV compatible virtual keyboard, and I started working on one for all computer emulators but then.. dreamcast, themes.. etc. It's in halfway or 40% may be.

https://github.com/fcatrin/retroxlibs/t ... x/keyboard

Cheers!

Ah, very cool thanks. I just tried the Amiga emulator with my wireless keyboard and it worked perfectly.

So, just hdf support for Amiga please! ;)
steviebwoy

Postby steviebwoy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:22 am

It looks like Gamecube is the most popular choice. Do you think this is a realistic ambition though Franco? Is the average Android device going to be powerful enough to run Gamecube games through an emulator? Just curious..

I've got to just say as well, thanks for your amazing support with RetroX. It's great to be able to talk to a developer directly and it's wonderful how quick you guys are with dishing out updates and reacting to feature requests :)
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:07 pm

steviebwoy wrote:It looks like Gamecube is the most popular choice. Do you think this is a realistic ambition though Franco? Is the average Android device going to be powerful enough to run Gamecube games through an emulator? Just curious..

That's another problem. The emulator will be there, but how well it will run will always depend on user devices. The same situation we have today with Dreamcast and PSP.

steviebwoy wrote:I've got to just say as well, thanks for your amazing support with RetroX. It's great to be able to talk to a developer directly and it's wonderful how quick you guys are with dishing out updates and reacting to feature requests :)

Thanks!
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Skatie

Postby Skatie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:38 am

Im surprised that there is no Commodore 64 emulator already in retrox, I would have thought it would be one of the easier ones to implement, anyway i hope it happens soon, so many great games.
steviebwoy

Postby steviebwoy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:44 am

fcatrin wrote:
steviebwoy wrote:It looks like Gamecube is the most popular choice. Do you think this is a realistic ambition though Franco? Is the average Android device going to be powerful enough to run Gamecube games through an emulator? Just curious..

That's another problem. The emulator will be there, but how well it will run will always depend on user devices. The same situation we have today with Dreamcast and PSP.

Man, that seems crazy to me. If we can get a system that's really well configured and works for everyone then I think we should favour it over something that, whilst it's delivered, will only work with a handful of games.. :?
steviebwoy

Postby steviebwoy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:46 am

Skatie wrote:Im surprised that there is no Commodore 64 emulator already in retrox, I would have thought it would be one of the easier ones to implement, anyway i hope it happens soon, so many great games.

Agreed. Is Spectrum already in there? I'd be keen on trying it, but I've no idea how it would work with just a control pad.. :|
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:39 pm

Emulator for computer systems are harder to port and make them run reasonably fine with a gamepad because the games that run on them assume that you have a full keyboard.

I started working in C64 a lot of time ago, RetroX can start the game but I stopped when I required the keyboard mapping. I went into creating a standard Android TV compatible keyboard interface that allow the user to map the keys on screen, without using a text file. That will be integrated into all the emulators of computer systems.

For now, that is frozen until I release the theme version at least.

As for ZX, C64 and Amstrad. I love those systems, but I opened the poll to see what most people prefer and there you see the results.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Features”