Current MAME

Emulators and emulation technology
Forum rules
Discussion about emulators included in RetroX. If you want to talk about front ends, recommendation about features is fine, but advertising is not. Insisting users will be banned
natemac00

Current MAME

Postby natemac00 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:59 pm

Is MAME2014 (0.159) the currently supported set?
I have a fullset of 0.207, it's difficult to find these older sets.

Also:
Does RetroX handle CHD games or should I just toss the ROMs in the folder?
Merged, Non-Merged, Split, does it matter?
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Current MAME

Postby fcatrin » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:58 pm

MAME 2014 is supported, but romsets for older versions (0.37b, 0.78) are smaller and easy to find.

CHD is not fully supported in Android, those are whole disks that sometimes contains complete operating systems with them. If you have them and want to try, just put them in the same folder as your rom files.

To add a folder for MAME just tell RetroX where they are with Manage Games -> Add Folder -> MAME.

As for sets, currently the public version is prepared for the more common storage, that is: one parent file and one file for each clone. If you try to run a clone, RetroX will ask you for the parent file. Now, some days ago I made a change for Merged sets, so RetroX will trust the user to have all the files needed, but that version is not published yet.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
natemac00

Re: Current MAME

Postby natemac00 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:53 pm

fcatrin wrote:MAME 2014 is supported, but romsets for older versions (0.37b, 0.78) are smaller and easy to find.

CHD is not fully supported in Android, those are whole disks that sometimes contains complete operating systems with them. If you have them and want to try, just put them in the same folder as your rom files.

To add a folder for MAME just tell RetroX where they are with Manage Games -> Add Folder -> MAME.

As for sets, currently the public version is prepared for the more common storage, that is: one parent file and one file for each clone. If you try to run a clone, RetroX will ask you for the parent file. Now, some days ago I made a change for Merged sets, so RetroX will trust the user to have all the files needed, but that version is not published yet.

Yea I went ahead and got together the full set 0.159 with a select few CHDs. I did go with a merged set to save space hope that doesn’t effect retrox.

Return to “Emulation”