[RELEASED] Semi automatic Gamepad Mapping

Updates about new features that are currently under development
Forum rules
This forum is mostly to provide info to the users, feature requests most go in "Features" forum
fcatrin
Site Admin

[RELEASED] Semi automatic Gamepad Mapping

Postby fcatrin » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:58 am

Gamepad mapping is being under a complete rewrite, once released RetroX will require users to map their gamepads only if needed.

Right now RetroX stores the mapping for each connected gamepad as Player 1, Player 2, etc. If you pick the wrong controller, you need to tell RetroX that you are using a different controller for Player X, and if this is the first time that you are running RetroX, you need to map your controller.

The new code removes all this. There will be no more Player 1, Player 2, etc assignments, RetroX will download a set of presets and will use a sane default for any attached controller. The controller that starts the game is assumed to be Player 1, and pressing a button in another controller will assign it automatically to Player 2, then Player 3 and 4.

If your controller uses a different map from default mapping, just open the Mapping option and map that controller once. That configuration will be stored with your account and you will not need to map it again, never. Uploaded configurations will be used later to improve the gamepad mapping database so new users with the same non-standard controllers will not need to map it.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Semi automatic Gamepad Mapping

Postby fcatrin » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:24 pm

This feature is now on beta!
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Semi automatic Gamepad Mapping

Postby fcatrin » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:09 pm

Released in 2.9.0!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1374
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
cryptic_crusader

Re: [RELEASED] Semi automatic Gamepad Mapping

Postby cryptic_crusader » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:12 pm

Any chance we can see per platform and default button mapping?

Alternate, quick/ temp button mapping options in-game or on an individual game’s settings?

Eg I map my global controller settings to match SNES. But I launched a genesis or PCE game and I want the buttons remapped without changing global settings I can do it temporarily for the game but gets reset after the game closes.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:12 pm

A per system/per game optional mapping should solve that I think. Would it do?
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
cryptic_crusader

Postby cryptic_crusader » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:07 am

Yes, you currently can set the things like orientation and render type in a game’s Select Option screen. That effects all games in that platform. Adding an option there would be easier for anyone jumping in and not fiddling with global settings otherwise it uses your default mapping. Thanks.

Return to “Development”