[Feature Request] Add "Duckstation" core to reproduce Dolby Surround in PS1 games

Discuss existing features and requests for new features using [REQUEST] in the title
Forum rules
Discussions only around the RetroX application. Links to ROMs or request for them are forbidden. Insisting users will be banned
branches78

[Feature Request] Add "Duckstation" core to reproduce Dolby Surround in PS1 games

Postby branches78 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:01 pm

I love to enjoy games encoded with Dolby Surround using my home theater, however, I am unable to reproduce the encoded track with the PS1 emulator because the current core is not compatible, therefore, I recommend to add the "Duckstation" core as an option, because it's compatible with Dolby Surround encoded tracks for Playstation 1 games.

I discovered the ability to reproduce Dolby Surround using the "Duckstation" core on RetroArch and that's why I hope it gets implemented in RetroX.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: [Feature Request] Add "Duckstation" core to reproduce Dolby Surround in PS1 games

Postby fcatrin » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:19 pm

That's (another) great reason to have Duckstation in!
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
branches78

Re: [Feature Request] Add "Duckstation" core to reproduce Dolby Surround in PS1 games

Postby branches78 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:07 pm

SNES also has support, games like "Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures", "Super Turrican", among others sound great but the N64 core still lacks it, I wonder if it has other cores besides the one you have implemented in the app to test it, do you know?

I made a YouTube playlist with games I've been adding that support Dolby Surround from different platforms, take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... APHTv88Zsl
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:30 pm

Wow I didn't know about that!
I'll give them a try
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Features”