RetroX on XBox One

Discuss existing features and requests for new features using [REQUEST] in the title
Forum rules
Discussions only around the RetroX application. Links to ROMs or request for them are forbidden. Insisting users will be banned
deaddisk

RetroX on XBox One

Postby deaddisk » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:00 am

...only just a dream?

I think about my unused XB1 what I can do with this box. I reading some threads here:

https://gbatemp.net/forums/xbox-one-hac ... ebrew.287/

Meanwhile you can use the Development Account for free (has anyone a actual tutorial for this or a ready code for me? ;) )

Is it possible running RetroX on this platform?
deaddisk

Re: RetroX on XBox One

Postby deaddisk » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:31 am

Ok, it's easy to get free Developer Account:

Go to this site: http://www.xb1emu.com
Scroll down to: Windows Dev Essentials
There is a short tutorial
avalanche

Postby avalanche » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:57 am

As far as I know Retrox is only on Android devices.

If I had to choose a console for it to work on I think it would be great with the Switch.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:11 pm

Porting RetroX to non-android systmes is a whole complete project, almost starting from zero, no less than one year of development.... I know because I ported RetroX from Linux to Android in 2014.

But... along with the changes that I've made for offline and themes, I started to detach the core RetroX from Android, so _may_be_ some day a Java based port for desktop computers could be feasible.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
KingPepper50

Postby KingPepper50 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:32 pm

fcatrin wrote:Porting RetroX to non-android systmes is a whole complete project, almost starting from zero, no less than one year of development.... I know because I ported RetroX from Linux to Android in 2014.

But... along with the changes that I've made for offline and themes, I started to detach the core RetroX from Android, so _may_be_ some day a Java based port for desktop computers could be feasible.

To be fair, though Franco, i have already been able to get RetroX to work on a Windows PC, but through the means of Bluestacks or Nox (Both Android virtual machine emulators).
Only draw back and its a big one, is you can't get a controller to work through RetroX on there, for some reason. (only Keyboard controls). :(
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:57 pm

I know, that's how I develop it in my desktop machine (through Android emulators)
It's not a good solution, the best is to have it run as a native application
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Features”