[REQUEST] Move retrox app to external shared storage

Discuss existing features and requests for new features using [REQUEST] in the title
Forum rules
Discussions only around the RetroX application. Links to ROMs or request for them are forbidden. Insisting users will be banned
compsmith

[REQUEST] Move retrox app to external shared storage

Postby compsmith » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:05 pm

@fcatrin could you add the ability to move the main retrox application to shared storage? The issues Im having is my Nexus Player has very limited internal storage. My game library is on shared storage from my Shield TV, when a game is launched RetroX downloads the rom then boot it, this becomes a issue over time as my nexus player internal storage is now full and retorx app has grown to over 5GB.

Another option I would that could work is actually launching the game from the shared storage, but I'm not sure if this would present performance issues, although I have not seen any issues when using this method with my PC launching games on the shared storage.
zulu

Re: [REQUEST] Move retrox app to external shared storage

Postby zulu » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:07 pm

I had a similar issue, I know this is not what you are requesting but you can delete the games which are downloaded to your device and taking space by doing the following.

Go to Manage Games -> Uninstall Games

This is just for the interim to help you with your low storage issue.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: [REQUEST] Move retrox app to external shared storage

Postby fcatrin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:28 am

Many people is requesting this. Initially RetroX stored the games in the external storage but I got a lot of people complaining why their games were not available anymore... after they removed their external storage (you'd be surprised how much).

May be I can add it as an option, so the people may be aware this time that their games will be stored there.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Features”