Redream and Drastic emulators

Discuss existing features and requests for new features using [REQUEST] in the title
Forum rules
Discussions only around the RetroX application. Links to ROMs or request for them are forbidden. Insisting users will be banned
avalanche

Redream and Drastic emulators

Postby avalanche » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:51 am

Hi there. I know we already have the Reicast emulator for Dreamcast emulation. But I wanted to know if there's any plans to also add the new Redream emulator to RetroX. Have heard some good things about it.

https://redream.io/

Also is there a chance we could see the Nintendo DS emulator Drastic added in the future?
Cee123

Re: Redream and Drastic emulators

Postby Cee123 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Both of those are closed source, sadly. That would be up to the developers whether they'd choose to support RetroX.
Cee123

Postby Cee123 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:40 am

I would like to see Drastic as well. But, it's closed source and paid only. So it only leaves us with Desmume which sucks or MelonDS which was started but never finished.

Also IrataJaguar and Real3DOPlayer are the best Jaguar and 3DO emulators around, and the only ones that actually work properly. But again, they are closed source and paid only.

Sigh.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:42 pm

There are plans to allow to use these emulators from RetroX, although this will be marked as an unsupported feature because I cannot fix any kind of integration issue and also I can't set them up from RetroX. Users will require to set and install the emulators up themselves as with any traditional front end.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Ratbag

Postby Ratbag » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:28 pm

There is a new ds emulator called Melon which is improving quickly. I think it's open source, but I don't think it's on the play store.

Return to “Features”