gamepad/control mapping for PC Engine / Turbo Graphics 16

Discuss existing features and requests for new features using [REQUEST] in the title
Forum rules
Discussions only around the RetroX application. Links to ROMs or request for them are forbidden. Insisting users will be banned
domerdel

gamepad/control mapping for PC Engine / Turbo Graphics 16

Postby domerdel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:00 pm

The PC Engine (PCE) / Turbo Graphics 16 gamepad had built-in toggles on the controller for turbo settings (i.e. rapid fire). I did not see this as an option to map the gamepad to toggle the turbo functions. Could this be a feature in a future release?
nVidia Shield TV (2017)
LG 65SK9000PUA (LED TV)
LG SLY10YG (Sound bar)
domerdel

Re: gamepad/control mapping for PC Engine / Turbo Graphics 16

Postby domerdel » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:54 pm

Attached is the image of the controller. As you can see above the buttons on the right are toggles for rapid fire/movement.
Attachments
130628.jpg
130628.jpg (359.21 KiB) Viewed 14358 times
nVidia Shield TV (2017)
LG 65SK9000PUA (LED TV)
LG SLY10YG (Sound bar)
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Turbo buttons should be supported by the emulator. Right now using the current version is not supported.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
domerdel

Postby domerdel » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:44 pm

fcatrin wrote:Turbo buttons should be supported by the emulator. Right now using the current version is not supported.

Can you clarify this statement between emulator vs. current version. Did you mean to say that the core emulator, within RetroX, has native support for the turbo buttons, but the current version of RetroX does not have the ability to activate them in a menu prompt?
nVidia Shield TV (2017)
LG 65SK9000PUA (LED TV)
LG SLY10YG (Sound bar)
cryptic_crusader

Postby cryptic_crusader » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:51 pm

Sorry to jump in, but it does sound that he said the current version of RetroX doesn't support turbo buttons despite the emulator supporting it (which makes sense). This all has to do with the single controller setup option. If each platform had their own controller setup there wouldn't be this issue figuring out which buttons are mapped to what input.
domerdel

Postby domerdel » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:17 pm

cryptic_crusader wrote:Sorry to jump in, but it does sound that he said the current version of RetroX doesn't support turbo buttons despite the emulator supporting it (which makes sense). This all has to do with the single controller setup option. If each platform had their own controller setup there wouldn't be this issue figuring out which buttons are mapped to what input.

no need to be sorry; the response is appreciated. I think if there was a global controller setting plus custom, where the custom profile would have

Code: Select all

Text field: Name Controller  || Drop-down: Emulator Platform  | save | edit | delete
nVidia Shield TV (2017)
LG 65SK9000PUA (LED TV)
LG SLY10YG (Sound bar)
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:59 am

RetroX uses the Mednafen PCE Engine core, this core in its current version supports assigning a button for turbo mode, but the version included with RetroX doesn't.

To make this feature available I could just update the core, but I need to test it first and make that it works as expected. It has happened that some cores built from source are broken (MAME 2003), so I need that testing.

About gamepad configs, I'm rewriting all the gamepad mapping code:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1347
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
domerdel

Postby domerdel » Sat May 09, 2020 9:29 pm

Any updates on this ?
nVidia Shield TV (2017)
LG 65SK9000PUA (LED TV)
LG SLY10YG (Sound bar)
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sat May 23, 2020 5:05 pm

No updates on this yet.

Here in this forum I publish all releases with a list of fixes and new features. You can also look here: http://retrox.tv/releases
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Features”