Network access

Discuss existing features and requests for new features using [REQUEST] in the title
Forum rules
Discussions only around the RetroX application. Links to ROMs or request for them are forbidden. Insisting users will be banned
drhoemmal

Network access

Postby drhoemmal » Sun May 28, 2017 7:38 pm

Hello Franco, hello RetroX-Community,

RetroX runs on my NvidiaShieldTV; NvidiaTablet an on a morphus Aikun tablet... The ShieldTV is connected via LAN and the tablets are in the same network via wlan.

But.. and here is my request, my problem.. I have to put the roms on each and every device.. for a short time, (the first NAS update) my nvidia shield devices where found in the RetroxApp.. but, is it possible, that the tablets get access to the external drive from the shield tv, or from my pc... so that I only need 1file for every device..

I hope you can understand my gibberish

thx

drhoemmal
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Network access

Postby fcatrin » Mon May 29, 2017 3:32 am

I made some tests here and it seems that sharing your files from the nvidia shield is not working.
I can see the device listed under WORKGROUP, but if I try to connect to it from any other device, it fails. (basically UnknownHostException: SHIELD)

From what I can see in the nvidia forums, it is a problem that other people is having as well:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... ystems/13/

Another option is to use a different device to share your files. I would try
a) A computer or
b) A NAS device

The latter can be one ready to use like the Western Digital ones, they seem to be pretty popular. Also if you like to tinker, you can build your own NAS with a Raspberry Pi:

http://www.retrox.tv/rpinas/

Hope it helps.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Features”