Button

Discuss existing features and requests for new features using [REQUEST] in the title
Forum rules
Discussions only around the RetroX application. Links to ROMs or request for them are forbidden. Insisting users will be banned
deaddisk

Button

Postby deaddisk » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:57 pm

Hello,

today I tried several PSX games and other Roms. After loading and playing, I notice, that RetroX on my shield responds slower and slower to start a new game or scroll through the game list. If I close RetroX complete and start it again, everything works well again.

A button in RetroX which free the Mem and close not needed background Tasks (maybe open Emus etc..) from RetroX would be nice :)
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Button

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:15 pm

First we should check if that is the actual problem. Emulators running should not make any difference.

I would think of a network issue. Did you see the spinning circle at the top right when it was working slow?
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
KingPepper50

Postby KingPepper50 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:18 pm

Hi Franco,
I myself have noticed this so called slow down, but as you mentioned its a Network issue, as the rotating circle top right, that loads box artwork etc etc,
never seems to finish its downloading, and so by about the third game in a row, its seems to get stuck, rotates forever, so games artwork & utimately the Play button never lights up, allowing you to play that next game.
So always have to shutdown RetroX and reopen to play that next game.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:03 pm

Yes, that's a network issue. Forcing the app to close will help, but you will still have the problem again if the network is slow there.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
deaddisk

Postby deaddisk » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:23 am

Ok, thanks for the fast reply - I checked it and have the circle too. My internet connection is very fast and stable. Hope, this will better soon, maybe with better theming for RetroX. Loading times for covers if you're scrolling through games is often very slowly.

[quote]but you will still have the problem again if the network is slow there[quote]

Where is "there"? :)
KingPepper50

Postby KingPepper50 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:57 am

I think Franco means that there = Cloud downloading of the Artwork / screenshots / save states etc etc. :D
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:21 am

there = your network (confirmed through another post from you)
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Features”