[Request] Gamepad auto detect

Discuss existing features and requests for new features using [REQUEST] in the title
Forum rules
Discussions only around the RetroX application. Links to ROMs or request for them are forbidden. Insisting users will be banned
molul

[Request] Gamepad auto detect

Postby molul » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:04 am

I have several 8bitdo gamepads, and I'd like an easier way to set controls. Retroarch does this very well: once the app is running, if you press any button in any controller, it becomes player 1. Next is player 2, etc. This would be really convenient for users.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: [Request] Gamepad auto detect

Postby fcatrin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:31 pm

Yes, I've thought about that, the problem is that you never know who is Player 1, and with kids it's a mess on every game
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
molul

Postby molul » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:47 am

Heheh. Well, I'd just start the game and wait for a controller to press a button. That would be player 1. Then the rest. The thing is that current situation is uncomfortable if you play several platforms. For instance, I use an 8bitdo sfc30 for Mame, SNES and Genesis (I wish they made a Genesis bluetooth gamepad already...), 8bitdo nes30 pro and fc30pro for PlayStation and PSP, and 8bitdo n64 for n64.

I'm getting a couple of 8bitdo sf30 pro on December, and I might use them to play everything but N64, but still, I'll have to switch controller from time to time :)
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:39 pm

I'll think again about it. But note that N64 and PSP are not supported by RetroArch, so I would need to modify them to behave like that
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
molul

Postby molul » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:09 pm

Thank you! ^^

Return to “Features”