Allowing storage permission bug on Android 11

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
branches78

Allowing storage permission bug on Android 11

Postby branches78 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:12 am

I was unable to read the ROMs using RetroX on my Google TV 11 device (Realme Stick) because there is a bug in Android 11 when allowing permissions to access the internal storage (including external storage formatted as internal) by selecting the "Only when app is in use" option, therefore, the only workaround is to select the other option to allow the app to always read the internal storage, but this is something that must be done manually by going to:

settings -> apps -> look for the app -> permissions -> select the option to allow the app to always read the internal storage, it's usually the first one (check the attached screenshot)

Can you please fix this problem, I think this is also affecting the ability to write information of the game in the internal storage as well.

Thank you.
Attachments
RetroX.png
RetroX.png (100.55 KiB) Viewed 14260 times
branches78

Re: Allowing storage permission bug on Android 11

Postby branches78 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:50 am

I also getting this error message as well but only once I download the core and try to install it.
Attachments
Error message.jpg
Error message.jpg (990.92 KiB) Viewed 14256 times
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:18 pm

Sorry, if you granted the permissions but still Android had issues with it, I cannot fix it from RetroX, it's an Android bug.
The Shield had the same bug and later they released an update that fixed it.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
branches78

Postby branches78 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:12 am

fcatrin wrote:Sorry, if you granted the permissions but still Android had issues with it, I cannot fix it from RetroX, it's an Android bug.
The Shield had the same bug and later they released an update that fixed it.

Really?, I wonder why?, there's some apps that work correctly, that's why I thought it was something that could be fixed directly in the app, for example, the "X-plore" app to browse files in the device doesn't work like RetroX unless I do what I explained above but another app of the same kind called "FX File Explorer" works correctly when I select the second option.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:29 pm

Sadly, I don't know exactly why, it depends on each device.

The solution to deny and allow the permissions again should grant the permissions to the app, but for some reason it doesn't work in your device wuth RetroX. There is nothing the app can do if Android is not giving the permissions even when it says it does.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Troubleshooting”