ROMS Downloading From NAS??

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
Skatie

ROMS Downloading From NAS??

Postby Skatie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:05 am

Hi, i have just setup a new fire tv system (limited storage) and have decided to run my PSX roms from my NAS due to the size of the library so to test it I added a single game and when I do this it states that it is downloading the game, what exactly is it downloading and where is it downloading too, I was hoping I would be able to run directly from the NAS to save space but now im afraid that if I add my entire library (600gb) then It will want to download all to the device which it wont be able to do. Anyone experienced this?
zulu

Re: ROMS Downloading From NAS??

Postby zulu » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:01 am

It downloads the game you play to local cache regardless if it's zip/bin/iso.

I don't know the reason behind it, guessing loading/compatibility issues. I use epsxe and it loads directly from the nas.

Good news, you can go to manage and select the game you want to uninstall. That was my work around.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:17 am

The emulators that RetroX is using require the games to be in the local storage, that's why RetroX transfers them from your NAS to your device before starting them up.

An special case is the Nvidia Shield that supports NAS at the operating system level, in that case you mount your NAS and it appears as a local storage for all the apps.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
lufe

Postby lufe » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:14 pm

Are there any news to not download the game in local storage and run it directly from a nas? I use Android TV. Thanks
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:32 pm

For that you need that the system mounts the drive so apps see NAS files as local files. That is only possible with the Nvidia Shield
https://www.androidcentral.com/how-moun ... -shield-tv
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Troubleshooting”