Mame/RetroArch games problems

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
Bluepoint

Re: Mame/RetroArch games problems

Postby Bluepoint » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:41 am

fcatrin wrote:I see!!
Yes, you are right, it's because of the square pixels assumption. RetroX uses an older version of RetroArch but I think there is a setting for that. Once I recover (from surgery) I'll check this out.

Great. Thanks so much.

Also feel better soon!
Bluepoint

Postby Bluepoint » Mon May 11, 2020 10:19 pm

fcatrin wrote:I see!!
Yes, you are right, it's because of the square pixels assumption. RetroX uses an older version of RetroArch but I think there is a setting for that. Once I recover (from surgery) I'll check this out.

I was just checking back in to see if any progress had been made on this issue. I still have the aspect ratio problems in the lastest build of RetroX.

Thanks!
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Sat May 23, 2020 5:04 pm

Which systems and games are giving you aspect / ratio problems?
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Bluepoint

Postby Bluepoint » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:47 am

fcatrin wrote:Which systems and games are giving you aspect / ratio problems?

Sorry, haven't checked this thread in a while.

Still having these aspect ratio problems with Mame and Final Burn... I periodically update RetroX and check any of the original street fighters (say, street fighter II championship edition)... It always displays as full 16:9 on my Nvidia shield. I set the aspect ratio to 4:3 or 1:1, doesn't make a difference... If I turn bezels on the bezel overlay just covers the game and the left and right of the game screen get cut off. I've tried a few shaders even, but mostly stick with Default. Nothing helps.

I absolutely love this front end otherwise. Systems like the Snes and NES both display in perfect 4:3... I just don't understand why this one aspect of the front end doesn't want to work for me.

Return to “Troubleshooting”