N64 games not launching

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
MGDathlete

N64 games not launching

Postby MGDathlete » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:03 am

Running Retrox on Shield tv and love it; not sure if since the last update, but no longer able to launch N64 games; it did work before and I have rebooted the system. It gets passed the controller screen then says initializing then crashes back to the game menu. Anybody else experiencing this? Thanks in advance :)
robj80

Re: N64 games not launching

Postby robj80 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:57 pm

When this happened to me I had to uninstall the n64 add on then reinstall it. Franco will probably chime in eventually but in the meantime I figured I would give you my experience on it.

You can get the retrox files here http://emus.retrox.tv/.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:44 pm

Yes, you can reinstall that emulator or clear the data.

The problem with that emulator is that it creates its data in the external storage, but if you remove the storage the emulator fails to start again. If you clear the data, the emulator will initialize it and work again.

Reinstalling is the same than clearing the data, Android will clear the data on uninstall, so after installing the data will be initialized again.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
MGDathlete

Postby MGDathlete » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:19 pm

Clearing the data worked; thanks guys! :)
yvesrn

Postby yvesrn » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:54 pm

fcatrin wrote:Yes, you can reinstall that emulator or clear the data.

The problem with that emulator is that it creates its data in the external storage, but if you remove the storage the emulator fails to start again. If you clear the data, the emulator will initialize it and work again.

Reinstalling is the same than clearing the data, Android will clear the data on uninstall, so after installing the data will be initialized again.

I am having the same issue (3/10/20). I'm on an Nvidia Shield. How do I do this?
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:27 pm

I don't know why this post was left unanswered, hope it helps: In the Apps section look for System Apps, there you will find all the RetroX add ons, if you click on any of those, you will see an option to clear the data.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer

Return to “Troubleshooting”