Help with Rayman - either PSX or MS-DOS - on Nvidia Shield

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
Roserade

Help with Rayman - either PSX or MS-DOS - on Nvidia Shield

Postby Roserade » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:00 pm

I’ve recently started using RetroX and so far it’s fantastic. I’ve had little problems running many games, including PSX. Except one, which is the one I most want to play!

I downloaded a BIN for Rayman on PSX, but loading it into RetroX brought up 53 different entries of the game. But when I tried to run it, it would only bring up the Ubisoft screen when the game starts. I then merged all the BIN files into one, which lets you select language - but then freezes at the Ubisoft screen again.

I then tried the MS-DOS version, as it’s one of the supported games shown on the MS-DOS RetroX site. But booting this up brings up a screen saying “CD ROM’s Initialization. Please install MSCDEX v 2.1 or above.” Looking online, it looks like its asking for a CD Drive to be installed (which is weird as its supposedly supported out of the box).

Rayman isn’t exactly an obscure game (I’ve had problems with obscure Amiga games but there’s no chance anyone would’ve heard of them, much less know what’s wrong), so I was wondering if anyone here has been able to set up Rayman on either PSX or MS-DOS on the Nvidia Shield successfully - and if so, I was hoping for advice on how I could get it working.

Thank you.
Ratbag

Re: Help with Rayman - either PSX or MS-DOS - on Nvidia Shield

Postby Ratbag » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:35 pm

Are there 53 bin files and 1 cue file? 53 seems a lot. I'd look for another source. PS1 emulation is generally quite straightforward, you might have a dodgy file.
Roserade

Postby Roserade » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:24 pm

Yep, 53 BINs and one CUE. Every version of Rahman I’ve found over a variety of sites seems to be set up in that way. I’ve not found any that aren’t like this.
Ratbag

Postby Ratbag » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:34 pm

That's a lot of files. Most of my PS1 games are max three bins. I'll have to download it myself and test.

I'm guessing the cue might have wrong info in it though.
Ratbag

Postby Ratbag » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:58 pm

Right, I've downloaded it. There are a lot of files, but the cue is actually correct. It works for me in retrox. Takes a while to load though. I've got an American version and don't recall a language select screen.
Roserade

Postby Roserade » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:41 am

Ok, I’ll give it another try!

Edit: it now works! No idea why it wasn’t working last week, but thanks!
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:52 pm

RetroX will look at the .CUE file and include any .BIN file that is listed inside that CUE as a file that is part of the same game.

Things that may happen:

1) If you don't include the .CUE file, RetroX will take each .BIN file as a different game, because a single .BIN file is a valid PSX game

2) If you include the .CUE file but the .BIN files are not listed in the .CUE files, they will be assumed to be a different game. Android is case sensitive and I've seen file managers that mess with the file name leaving them as uppercase only after being copied over. If that is the case and the .CUE file has mixed lowercase/uppercase filenames in its list, RetroX will not recognize those uppercase BIN files as part of the same game.

Hope it helps.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
jomibaga

MS-DOS games install - on Nvidia Shield

Postby jomibaga » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:43 am

Hi everyone,

I have a very basic question and I’m a very amateur user.

I have been trying to install some ms-dos games, I have used the folders codes from the games already tested, for example, Indiana jones in the fate of atlantis, in retrox the game appears with the cover but don´t load. I don’t know what files to put in the folder, right now a have only the installer file. Is there a tutorial with an example??

Thanks
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:43 pm

You need to have the game already installed.
A quick way to get the installed files is to run the installer in a PC, it will create a folder, then use that created folder.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
jomibaga

Postby jomibaga » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:29 pm

Thanks for your help.

I´m trying to install Sensible world of soccer 2020, I have it installed in my pc, I have copy the forlder to my Shield, and on retrox app I add a new ms-dos game, but it dosent work, not even start.

can you help me?
thanks

Return to “Troubleshooting”