Utilizing Network storage with new chromecast

Help and support for troubleshooting issues in RetroX
Forum rules
Before posting your questions, please check our official Troubleshooting guide at http://retrox.tv/help
Jateed

Utilizing Network storage with new chromecast

Postby Jateed » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:59 pm

Hello,

For the last year I've been using your app, and it's fantastic. Until now, I've had 2 shield TVs which read off my qnap Nas without issue. I've just changed both out, one for the new shield tv pro and the other for the new chromecast running Android TV.

Shield tv pro works fine and reads my Nas, but the chromecast cannot. I did confirm it's set to be compatible with smb1 (hence why the pro works) and when I pull up file commander, I can reach Nas fine, so there's local connectivity, but it's just now showing up within retrox.

The Google TV dongle has a decent processor, but it's storage is really limited, so local storage is tough. Any thoughts on why retrox can't see my samba1 share on that device? I'm fairly network savvy, so I can run diagnostics if they're available, but given the info above, I'm just stumped.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: to clarify, the chromecast can see the share when I run file commander on it, and I checked within the qnap ui that the lowest smb supported is smb1. Let me know if you need any additional information.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Re: Utilizing Network storage with new chromecast

Postby fcatrin » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:09 pm

Probably you are hitting a bug that is yet to be fixed with a future update
(https://github.com/AgNO3/jcifs-ng/issues/211)

In your Shield, are you using the built in NAS support? Or are you adding the NAS drive using RetroX?
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Jateed

Postby Jateed » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:58 pm

Thank you for the reply. I just unmounted my Nas from my shield, flushed media storage, and the drives don't show up anymore, so that does appear to be it.

I know this is the most annoying question you probably get, but do you have any ballpark idea when this fix will be folded into a public build?

Thanks again for responding and have a good day.
fcatrin
Site Admin

Postby fcatrin » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:36 pm

It will be in the next update. I did one today but it doesn't include it yet.
Franco Catrin
RetroX developer
Jateed

Postby Jateed » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:18 am

Thank you very much. I look forward to it. And again, great app overall.

Return to “Troubleshooting”